cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Storage Capacity - Inside and Outside

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Europe, Pallets and Empty Glass Bottles are returned/recycled to the Production sites for converting into more Product.

We have the Production site in APO as a location with an assigned storage resource with a UoM to allow us to say how many pallets we can store in the warehouse

Finished Goods are stored in the warehouse at the Production site whereas Pallets/Empties are stored outside the warehouse before being staged, when required to the production line. The capacity of the location is just the inside warehouse capacity.

Other factors are we only have so much outside storage and Finished Goods must not be stored outside. Therefore wouldn't be so simple to say we have 20% more pallet spaces, unless you can determine what is where? If we create another location i.e. DC-Pallets then we need more master data and WM processing to move the pallets to the Production site.

Regards, Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found a method which was/is messy but satisfied the business requirement. Let me know if you're interested and your scenario, Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

If you do not want to create a new location, you may map the outside premises as a new storage loaction in R/3. The storage locations can be CiFed into APO as location type 1007. You need not set up the relevant WM/MM master data for the storage location in R/3 and also map the capacity of this location in APO.

You may explore this option and check if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

A Storage location can only be transferred if it is a MRP Area, can it not? So this would be another set of master data Product-MRP Area data plus Tlanes. No? Or am I missing something

Thanks for your input

Regards, Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I presume that you would have mapped the inside storage capacity in pallets as the resource capacity and the storage consumption per unit bucket as the quantity per bucket for products. This should give you the capacity consumption inside WH for the finished products at any time based on stocks ,reciepts and outgoing demand However as the outside capacity is not mapped so it will not be considered,

you need to map the outside capacity as an additional storage capacity as adding or mixing to current storage will lead to showing of incorrect consumption due to the fact that it should be the finished product only that should consume the inside space and the outside space to be consumed by stock and reciepts of empty pallets.

Also note that tfor the single set up, the storage consumption per unit bucket in pdt master will only give you the finished product storage reqirement inside WH and not outside.

Let me know if helps.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

You have clarified the issue that we are looking to solve. Unfortunately this does not give me a solution

Thanks for your input, Paul