cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP10 - multiple approver problem with CUP

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

We have SP10 (patch 1) in our development system and cannot move forward to production because of a real show stopper. I have currently reported this to SAP thru an OSS message (and it is in development) but would like to know if anyone else is having this issue with SP10. (this happened even before applying patch 1)

We have multiple approvers when creating NEW users or CHANGING users in CUP. We have it configured to allow just one of the approvers to approve before going on to the next stage. Since we put in SP10, CUP is requiring ALL approvers to approve the request before going on to the next stage. We get the following message when one of the approvers approve the request: Request no: 5020. is approved, pending for other Approvers.

I've seen this reported for UAR and SOD but not for CUP. In fact, there is a fix for UAR in Patch 1 of SP10. I applied this patch but it hasn't fixed the CUP issue. I also don't have the issue when rejecting a CUP request, or when approving it through the configuration --> Request --> Administration screen (what I consider the Back-door since only security administrators get the configuration area).

Thanks for your input.

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Christian,

I totally agree with you.

The good news is.... We installed SP11.1 and the multiple approver problem is fixed.

We have decided to leave our production system at SP8 until this system settles down a bit. Of course, this means we can't use many of the new fixes and features (such as UAR). We use our sandbox system to apply new support packs and do very rigorous testing. And our DEV system is at SP8 too.

Good Luck.

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy,

UAR functionality is already part of SP08. In fact our production system is on SP07 HF1, and we are conducting periodic SOD/UAR reviews.

There are few new features provided as part of SP09 for UAR review (like generating selective UAR requests based on certain role attributes) . But you can get started with existing features of SP08 if needed.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally agree with Peggy and Christian. We were happy with SP8 but we were asked to move to SP9. Due to issues with SP9, we moved to SP10 which had even more bugs. Now, we are at SP10 HF1 and it has still not resolved some of the issue. issues Now, we are not going to apply SP till SAP is confident @ it.

Alpesh

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

I posed this issue to SAP support and the developers have identified it as a problem. A fix will be available with SP12 which is due out the end of May.

Thanks,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, SP10, SP10.1, SP10.2, SP11, SP12 - everything in just 3-4 months? What are they doing? I thought SP10 resolves some issues - but in my case it generated more problems. And I don't feel very confident to install a support package every 3 weeks.

Edited by: Christian Hofmann on Mar 30, 2010 12:54 PM

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks but that was the first thing I checked. It says "Any one approver".

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check if the dropdown Configuration -> Workflow -> Stage-> Approval Type(should have Any one Approver) selected.

May be there is bug because of which there is some default value All Approvers is coming up.

Regards

Sudhir Guglani