cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Data and Log file locations in livecache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have installed livecache in unix systems in the /sapdb mount directory where the installer have created sapdata and sapdblog directories. But the unix team has already created two mount direcotries as follows:

/sapdb/LC1/lvcdata and /sapdb/LC1/lvclog mount points.

While installing livecache we had selected this locations for creating the DATA and LOG volumes. Now they are asking to move the DATA and LOG volumes created in sapdata and saplog directories to these mount points. How to move the data and log file and make the database consistent. Is there any procedure to move the files to the mount point directories and change the pointers of livecahce to these locations.

regards

bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

check my blog [Questions to SAP Support: "How to move MaxDB volumes?"|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11010] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

regards,

Lars

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars

Thanks for the blog which helped me to resolve the issue and i have changed the location and there is no problem now.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars

Thanks for the link. I will try it and let u know.

But this is livecache (even it uses MaxDB ) database which was created by

sapinst and morover is there any thing to be adjusted in SCM and as well as

any modification ot be done in db level.

regards

bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

Would your IT team be willing to move the data volumes to the mount, and then change the mount points to match your current system?

Kindest Regards,

Zach