cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM - Restict display of Business Scenarios and Processes to Process Owners

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have thoroughly researched but have been unable to find an answer to this question. Is it possible within BPM to filter either the business scenario or processes to the owners of that process or scenario. For example if I have BPMon turned on for Finance or OTC scenarios, I only want the people in finance to be able to view and monitor only their finance processes when they receive their alert and the same for OTC and the other process teams. Even at the process level I only want certain process owners to only have access to the processes that they are monitoring. Do you guys know if this is at all possible either through the work centers or dswp to restrict they view based on the business scenario or process?

Thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

at the moment there exists only an authorization object on "Solution"-level. So if it is an absolute must to allow views on different processes you would have to plit it into different solutions. But I don't recommend that as you might end up with an unnecessary amount of solutions.

The problem is known for some time and we forwarded it to the group which is generally responsible for the graphical display in Solution Manager, as we are only responsible for BPMon. The plan is to provide the option to create different views containing one or several processes and assigning then only these views to different users or user groups.

The shipment of this solution was targeted for ST400 SP23 but I have currently no information if it is finally within this Support Package.

I will try to follow up on this.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Arun and Volker for responding to my question, that was very valuable information. I will keep an eye out on the ST400 SP23 release and leave this question open to allow Volker to followup on this question.

Thanks

Mike

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Volker, any news about the idea of different views ?

Does SOLMAN 7.0 SP26 or SOLMAN 7.1 offer new options?

thanks a lot,

Sergio

arunkumar_vr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

For this purpose, as per my limited understanding abt solman, you will have to create separate solutions in DSWP. In all these solutions, you should assign the same logical system. But in the business processes, you assign only the required ones. i.e, for FI solution, you assign only FI related business processes. This is the only way I think we will be able to map the alerts in the way you want.

Regards,

Arun.