Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE engine not getting started

pranav
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My J2ee engine isnt getting started. When i check the logs, i see the following error,

Error occurred while preloading classes of security providers from jre/lib/ext folder: java.util.zip.ZipException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Loading: LogManager ... 672 ms.

Loading: PoolManager ... 0 ms.

Loading: ApplicationThreadManager ... 78 ms.

Loading: ThreadManager ... 31 ms.

Loading: IpVerificationManager ... 0 ms.

Loading: ClassLoaderManager ... 16 ms.

Loading: ClusterManager ... 218 ms.

Loading: LockingManager ... 94 ms.

Loading: ConfigurationManager ...

Loading: ConfigurationManager returned false!

Kernel not loaded. System halted.

Can anybody help me out with this ??

Thanks in advance,

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is note 965451 about this error (Error occurred while preloading classes of security providers from jre/lib/ext folder: java.util.zip.ZipException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/965451

pranav
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

ya indeed it looks like a DB connection problem. When i check the logs i see the following error :

#1.5#001321D5DC2000000000001500049EDC0004163FAB8F0C2D#1150362623876#com.sap.engine.core.configuration##com.sap.engine.core.configuration#######Thread[Thread-1,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Plain###Error while connecting to DB.

=======================================================

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:360)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:125)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)

at</i></i> com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:149)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationHandlerFactoryImpl.<init>(ConfigurationHandlerFactoryImpl.java:30)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl0.ConfigurationManagerImpl.initInternal(ConfigurationManagerImpl.java:189)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.AbstractConfigurationManagerImpl.init(AbstractConfigurationManagerImpl.java:169)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.loadSingleManager(Framework.java:560)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.loadManagers(Framework.java:254)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.start(Framework.java:188)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.boot.FrameThread.run(FrameThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [SAP_NWMss][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'SAPBQ3DB'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processErrorToken(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSLoginRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReply(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSLoginRequest.submitRequest(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.setupImplConnection(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.open(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:219)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:579)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:263)

Actually i've upgraded my SQL Server2000 DB to SQL Server 2005, i suspect that causes the problem. Would be great if somebody can provide me any further clues..

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pranav,

See if your DB Services are running.

TO check that, open your Windows Services by typing SERVICES.MSC in your Run prompt. and check the services related SQLDB.

Check if they are started. and then after starting them, start your server again.

Regards

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pranav,

Otherwise, please check OSS NOTE: 795991. It could be a memory error on the db Side.

Rgds

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pranav,

Check the note 711584. It says,

<i>

Symptom

"ConfigurationManager returned false" Kernel not loaded. System halted.

Other terms

Startup, core, kernel, database (DB), ConfigurationManager, configuration

Reason and Prerequisites

This error occurs if there are database problems (the database is down, for example).

Solution

- Check if your database is up and running.

- Check if the JDBC driver is available and in the correct version.

For more information, first check the log files at:

- ../serverX/log/defaultTrace.trc.0

and then

- ../serverX/log/system/database.log.0</i>

I guess the problem is with your <b>Database</b>. See if your <b>DATABASE SERVICES are UP</b>.

Regards

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pranav,

If you are using IBM JDK (on AIX), please check the OSS note 878909 that may be relevant to the issue.

Regards,

Mike