cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound delivery can be deleted despite confirmed TO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I am facing a situation in which the inbound delivery has been deleted despite a confirmed TO. I believe deletion was only possible when TO status is "A" and not "C" (and "B").

Anyone seen this before? SAP bug?

MZ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is a normal behavior. You cannot delete a delivery document if the TO status is B. As long as it is A or C, it can be deleted.

Regards

Baseer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see the logic for "C". If putaway has been completed, you should not want the inbound delivery to be deleted. How on earth can you do GR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The WM postings are (to an extent) independant of the IM postings.

Assuming that you are not working with HUM, you can do putaway against a delivery and confirm the TO. This does not enforce you to post the GR for delivery. If you decide to delete the delivery then obviously you have to clear the negative quant in 902.

You can always do a GR regardless of whether putaway has been done or not. To achieve this, I think it is reasonable for SAP to allow deleting a delivery with pick status C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our scenario, we cannot do PGR before WM has been finished. I still believe that the correct way, in case you would want to delete the TO, is to reverse TO confirmation then delete the inbouind delivery.

Anyway, we've set message VL173 to an error which checks against the overall picking status. If "C" (and obviously "B"), then no deletion possible.

Thanks.