cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Connecting to Access 2007 database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are seeing the below error when trying to Connect to Access 2007 using Crystal 2008, when using the

Access/DAO connection wizard ..

Logon failed

Details: DAO Error Code: 0xd0f

Source: DAO.Workspace

Description: Unrecognised database format 'path to database\crs project database.aaadb

When we go to open the Access 07 file we have to select all files\there is no Option for Access 2007

Maybe we need to install something additional?

Many thanks

Jon Kerr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Error Connecting to Access 2007 database... Connection error getting at administrative_account table. Please try again later. Server side errors occurred.

Classify these salts as acidic, basic, or neutral. The hydroxy salt, lactobionate, is used in the standard determination of lactate and formate. The lactonate and alcohol is used in determination of ethanol and acetic acid. The acid salts of isocyanate are used in the standard determination of the neutral isocyanate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am seeing the below error when trying to Connect to Access 2007 with password using Crystal XI or Crystal 2008, when using the OLEDB to connection Access data.

Logon failed

Details: DAO Error Code: 0xd0f

Source: DAO.Workspace

Description: Unrecognised database format 'path to database\crs project database.aaadb

Get though when I use Access 2007 without password setup.

Many Thanks for any one can help.

Daphne Li

0 Kudos

post a new question, this one was marked as answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

I test CR 2011 recently. I can't find Access 2007 platforms in Crystal Reports 2011 test version. Do I miss something or CR 2011 not cover Access 2007 connector? If not, How I deal with Crystal reports connect to all having password set Access 2007 data.

Please advise.

Daphne

0 Kudos

Look for Product info for our next version to see if it added to supported platforms for the next release of Crystal Reports.

Update:

Confirmed that Microsoft is not enhancing the DAO engine so we will not be updating our connector either. ODBC and OLE DB work great.

Even More info form our Product Team:

Just to be really clear - Microsoft is not exposing Access 2007 format databases (.accdb files) via DAO. They have declared DAO dead and are not enhancing it. OLEDB is the preferred way to connect to Access 2007 files.

As noted in the Platform Support document for Crystal Reports 2008:

DAO technology cannot be used to access the Microsoft Office 2007 file formats: Microsoft Access 2007 .accdb, Microsoft Excel 2007 .xlsx (XML) and .xlsb (Binary). These file formats are supported using the Microsoft 2007 Office System drivers for ODBC and OLEDB.

Anyone can download the Microsoft 2007 Office System drivers for ODBC and OLEDB, here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displa...

There is no charge for those drivers. Of course if you have Office 2007 installed, you donu2019t need to download the drivers.

Starting with Office 2010, there will be 64-bit versions of these drivers, which will help our 64-bit Visual Studio customers.

Edited by: Don Williams on Feb 4, 2010 12:12 PM

Edited by: Don Williams on Feb 8, 2010 5:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i guess that i will be returning this software.

0 Kudos

We don't support the Native connector to Access 2007. Only option as of CR 2008 SP2 is to use ODBC.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

im having the same problem.