cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link-Group Asset Class, Depreciation Area & Depreciation Key

former_member424251
Participant

Dear Experts,

I am new to FI-AA Customization & have a basic query about Group Asset Concept.

I am working on Ecc 6.0 & for Country India.

I want to create Group Asset for calculation of Depreciation as per Income Tax Act. Hence there is just one Depreciation Area (for Group Assets) , but the Depreciation keys are different. E.d IN1, IN2 etc. (Country Version India)

Now the questions are :

1) Do we need to create different Asset Class for different Group Assets or to create just 1 Asset Class for all Group Assets.

E.g. I want to calculate Depreciation As per income Tax Act on Gross Block of Building, Furniture & Fixture, Motor Car, Vehicles etc. So I need to create separate Group Asset Class for each one of above or just to create one Group Asset Class.

2) If we need to create just one Asset Class for all Group Assets; how to maintain a Depreciation Key in OAYZ as there are more than 1 Depreciation Keys?

3) is there any other method / functionality to calculate Depreciation as per income Tax Act or Group Asset is the only functionality?

Thanks & Regards,

Reshma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Reshma.

Looking at your Questions let us take explanation for Group Assets :-

1 ) We need to create new different asset class for Group Class in OAOA. Then permit the depreciation area for only Group Asset in OAYM as it is in your current scenario India is Depreciation Area 15 Just select your company code in OAYM and check the Grp Asset field for respective area 15. Then go to OAAX here we have to maintain the assets classes particularly for Group Assets. So check your Group Asset classes for Group Assets. Cerate different Group asset classes for your said requirement.

In these depreciation areas, it is then possible to make an assignment to a group asset. You make this assignment in the specifications for the depreciation area in the asset master record. When you post an acquisition to this kind of asset, the system duplicates the line items from this depreciation area on the given group asset.

2 ) According to me you have to create different depreciation keys for Group Asset classes. Assign the Depreciation keys to your newly created Group Asset Classes in OAYZ and make sure you are deactivating 01 area which is Book Depreciation area.

3 ) As far as I know this is the only functionality available to handle Group Assets. How ever SAP does not have any standard Group Assets functionality. SAP does not supply asset classes to be used solely for group assets. It is we have to determine as per varying Business Process.

I hope this will clear your doubt makes you to understand. Please revert back for further clarification. Welcome you.

Regards,

Pankaj A Bhalerao.

Edited by: pankaj_ab on Feb 3, 2010 8:26 AM

former_member424251
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

Thanks for the response. I think I have got a more clear vision on Group Assets.

Thanks & Regards,

Reshma

Myguru_Sap
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member424251
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Any views on this?

Regards,