cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created "Hierarchy Field" not saved in Import Mapping File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I want to save the mapping created after having imported categories via MDM Import Manager.

Everything works fine as I execute an initial import (In "Map Field" tab, I create a "hierarchy field" based on the three fields "Categorie Name, Categorie Name 2, Category Parent" and mapp the Split Hierarchy field consequently ).

My problem is as I save the Mapping and try to reuse it for a new Categories import, the former "hierarchy field" does not appear anymore. I assume Saving Mapping does not save created hierarchy fields...

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks in Advance

Stephane Naigeon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I strongly believe Mapping does save Created hierarchy Fields.

From what kind of source you are importing Data. Is it XML or Excel?

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

From XML, with fields "Category Name, Category Parent".

Then in MDM Map Tab, I clone the Field "Category Name" and create the Hierarchy Field with name "Categories", parent field "Category Parent", Child Field "Category Name", and Node name field "Category Name Clone".

Then I map the Split Hierarchy field with the destination field "Category Name [DF]", and the source field "Category Name" with the Remote Key.

The matching field in Match Record Tab is "Category Name [DF]".

I save then the mapping file but am not able to reuse it : as I said, the Hierarchy field disappears !

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For creating hierarchy field. Try by using original "Category Name" field instead of Clone field and let us know the result.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiv, your suggest solved my problem.

The hierarchy fields is well saved if it based on original data fields !

Answers (0)