cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement like, Syndicate Data from MDM to External Systems automatically in Time intervals (Weekly). Only selected field values are updated.

Ex: If a record having 4 fields (Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4) in MDM. I want to automatically syndicate the Records, only if Field1 or Field2 values changes. I donu2019t want to syndicate if Field3 or Field4 values changes.

How Can we do this? Can any one help me on this..

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see "How to Activate Field Triggers for Syndication Using Master Data Management" for implementing such a process:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60a2b4e4-6993-2a10-0e9a-c6d720f1571b]

Regards,

Hedda Cohen.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it resolved...

Thanks Hedda....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please share the solution...

I am working on the same requirment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Use the option supress unchanged records in the output properties but for this first enable the key mapping at console level.This will only syndicate the changed records.In syndicator the changed records will be seen with white colour background for sometime which will laer change to greyed out.rest of the records will be greyed out

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard way to do this but u can achieve this requirement by work around.

Below is the one way I can think of:

Create one extra field (Flag) which you need to set to TRUE when either field1 or field2 is changed.

In syndicator activate "Suppress Unchanged Records" map property & also give filter criteria "Flag = TRUE"

So even if records are changed but if Flag is false they will not get syndicated.

Updating Flag is a tricky job here..... if you are updating records from Enterprise Portal then u can easily achieve this.

Or if there are very few fields(say 3) then you can create 3 more dummy fields to store old values. In a workflow compare old value & new value.... if they are different Set Falg to True else keep it false

Thanks,

Maheshwari