Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to assign Roles via CUA

pradeepmathewch
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm setting up a CUA in my system with 800 as the central system and 810 as the child.

I have setup the ALE environment and assigned the CUA distribution model(SCUA) and trying to create a user for child client 810.

I enter the Address field, systems field and then in the Roles tab, the role field is grayed out!

I'm unable to assign the role to the new user in child system.

Could anyone tell me whats the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,

Pradeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dannysprangers2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you do the following :

On the Roles tab page, choose the Text comparison from child systems pushbutton.

The text comparison is necessary to tell the central system the names of the roles and profiles in the child systems. You can only display and select roles from child systems in the central system from the possible entries help after this step. You cannot assign roles from child systems manually without a text comparison.

3 REPLIES 3

dannysprangers2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you do the following :

On the Roles tab page, choose the Text comparison from child systems pushbutton.

The text comparison is necessary to tell the central system the names of the roles and profiles in the child systems. You can only display and select roles from child systems in the central system from the possible entries help after this step. You cannot assign roles from child systems manually without a text comparison.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Check the setting in SCUM field maintenace for SU01 .

But if you are facing problem in finding roles for child system in CUA system , most probaly you need to do the text comparison as instructed by Danny for synchorinization of profile and role information to CUA.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the replies.

The problem was solved however due to a different reason.

The ALE distribution was not completed it seems.

Thanks and Regards, Pradeep