Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P Pernr check not working following note application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have just applied SAP note 1395275 - P PERNR Check in an CE environment to our development client as part of a service pack application.

This note is supposed to fix the issue of employees being able to change their own data for any concurrent assignments they have via transaction PA30.

Testing carried out following the application of this note has now shown that employees are now able to change ANY sensitive infotype data for their own personnel data, whether they have a concurrent assignment or not.

The note appears to have disabled the previous P PERNR settings that were in place.

Has anyone applied this note and experienced the same problem ?

Thanks

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer Note 1421752 - P_PERNR Authorization Issues, this may hep you.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer Note 1421752 - P_PERNR Authorization Issues, this may hep you.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

I have looked at note 1421752 - and this corrcetion appears to refer to ESS, which we have not yet implemented.

Regards

Simon

0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please test run the Tcode and trace it, this will let us know, if at all its calling this object or not, then might be chance some manual correction required in note before applying and will help to know more details like they changes were made to standard program after applying notes.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

I have ran a trace analysing the use of PA30 and it is not calling object P_PERNR it is only checking P-ORGIN. I have checked in SU24 and the transactions should still call P_PERNR. I will run another trace in UAT to ensure that P_PERNR is being called.

I will also ask our ABAP team to look at any manual corrections in the note that may be required.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Simon

0 Kudos

Those notes relate to BADI's (Business Add-In's) which are delivered together with the Support Pack you have applied.

You still need to activate the BADI.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius,

I have got our ABAP team looking at the pre-requisites within the notes to check the application of the BADI's.

Regards

Simon

0 Kudos

Dear Simon,

Any luck on this issue. ?.. If yes, Kindly share the solution.

as we are facing the same issue.

Regards,

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

You mentioned that the trace doesn't show a check for P_PERNR. Have you set the Authorization Switch AUTSW PERNR to 1 in transaction OOAC? This is the pre-requisite for the system to check for P_PERNR.

Regards,

Aninda

0 Kudos

Hi Aninda,

Yes the swith AUTSW PERNR is set correctly in OOAC.

The PERNR check itself is working fine in production and was working fine in development and uat until the application of the support packs.

I am currently investigating the entries in table T77S0 with our ABAP tema to see if they are having any effect.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos

Hello Mr Rodgerson,

Did you find any luck with the issue ?

I m planning to raise a call with SAP regarding this issue. Seems ther must be a hidden bug in the badis whihc we are unable to trace.

Kindly post your solution, in case if the issue is resolved at your end.

Regards,

rao

0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

We appear to have just resolved the issue by carrying out the following.

We activated the switch CCURE CPAUT in table T77S0, this is referred to in note 1395275.

We then applied note 1421752 and the changes in this note and these appear to have rectified the issue.

We have carried out development testing and the changes work, users are restricted from changing their own data and from changing any concurrent employments relating to them.

Hope this helps

Simon