cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We got an error during delivery creation. We have created an order with material A and B with the quantity of 100 each. At the time of delivery creation the quantity for material A was 100 but for material B, the quantity was zero. Both material has same item category, shipping point, plant, condition type, product hierarchy. I checked the stock for both materials. Both materials do not have unrestricted stock however ample of stock reserved for Open order qty, sales orders and schd.for delivery. So this must not be the reason for the error for material B.

Is something problem with Availability check? Will the system consider available check at the time of delivery even after it does check during sales order creation? What could the reason for the error? Has anyone come across such error. If I have to check any configuration such as availability or Movement types etc. could you please let me know how to do it. Please let me know if you guys need any other info.

Awaiting the solution. Have an error-free day

Br, Sats.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the schedule line dates of material B in Item data under shedule line tab in sales order,

Or else

In sales order item data under shipping tab is there storage location is available???

Kapil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check delivery date in schedule line of sales order same as delivery date in VL01N & also check confirmed qty in schdule line.

Check whether there is any open orders for same material-B in va05n ?

&

also check availability check in general plant data of material master ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies.

@Kapil u2013 The delivery date of material B is same as material A (14.1.10) and storage location is maintained.

@Damu - "Check quantity 0" is A (Note about the situation) and the AvailCkOff is blank (check availability). I cannot change these settings as people in other sites will be using the same configuration. In which tab I can see the checking group?

@Jayakanthan u2013 del.date in sch.line is similar to del.date. In sales order system shows total quantity as confirmed quantity. However in delivery under picking tab it is zero.

Additional info: MRP type (manual reorder point planning) and Availability check (is batches) same for material A and B. I have noticed that field Plant spl matl status (under Purchasing and MRP1 tabs) is maintained for Material A as u201CNon restrictions (release)u201D but not for material B. Do you think, does it make any difference?

I ran transaction va05n to see open orders. I found there are another two orders has the material B and these two orders have the same quantity zero error. Do you thing problem lies in material master B or somewhere related to material B ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.If you dont do that settings system will note about the situation and allow to create the delivery

2.check the availability check field in the material master in sale/general plant view

3.check the requirement type in the sales order line item level

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damu,

1.If you dont do that settings system will note about the situation and allow to create the delivery  It is working fine for material A without changing the field "Check quantity 0" as "B". If this is wrong Material A should also has quantity zero. Pls. correct me if Iu2019 m wrong.

I checked the transaction OVZ9 and I found there are many checking rule for the same availability check (Batches) Could you please tell me where we maintained this checking rules in material master or somewhere? Because for material A and B the availability check is same but the checking rule might be different. I would like to see whether the checking rule is same for material A and B. Could you please let me know where we maintain this checking rule in master data?

Br, Sats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read in the other thread that, Checking group is maintained in MRP3 view in Material Master. But in this case, none of the material has MRP3 tab. MRP3 tab has not maintained or extended. Could any one tell me in this case where to find out the checking group maintained for the material B.

Br, Sats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Damu, Kapil & Jayakethan.

Br, Sats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

KIndly check the below

1. Check the field "Check quantity 0" should be "B" in the Delivery item category level --OVLP

SPRO-IMG-Logistics execution-Shipping-Deliveries---Define item categories for deliveries

2.Check the field AvailCkOff in the delivery item category level.

3. CHeck the checking group maintained in the material master---MM02

REgards

Damu