cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of BC Set Activation for GRC AC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

Request you to please help me understand the significance of the BC Set Activation in an HR implemented ABAP system,

w.r.t. AC 5.3

The AC 5.3 runs separately on the a java instance and connected to ABAP with the help of JCo's.

Kindly assist, if you have any clue regarding the documentation for the same.

I want to understand, the criticality of activating the VIRSANH and VIRSAHR BC Sets on ABAP side for the proper functioning of the GRC AC 5.3 and if their is any variation in the results of GRC , if the BC Sets are activated/ or if not activated.

Many Thanks !

Regards,

Edited by: Molwana Lokisang on Feb 2, 2010 11:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Molwana,

the BC Set needs to be activated as part of the post-installation process. It will also provide you with data that the RTA needs to work.

I have done this for many customers, there is no risk involved. All the "extra" data is in a separate namespace.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.

Please assist me with the impact of activating this BC set.

Need to understand, how does the results vary for the GRC AC 5.3 with the activation and deactivation of this BC Set.

It will be very helpful, if you please can suggest me some document explaining the value addition done with the activation of this BC Set for the specific component of GRC i.e. AC 5.3.

Regards,

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you read my answer at all...?

Please do not post your questions multiple times.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Many Thanks for your answer.

I would appreciate if you can help to understand the variation which willl be encountered in the two scenarios, for the GRC Reports. Case 1: You did activated the BC set. Case 2: You did not activated the BC set.

I completely understand the fact, that this is the part of post installtion steps of GRC AC 5.3 installation.

Regards,

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

So, your question is: "will the product work even if I don't fully install it?"

I wouldn't bet on it.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Totally agree with frank. This is a required step and why would someone try to test a product without performing required post installation steps. BC set activation just populates necessary GRC tables in SAP system. It is the same as performing initial data and message file upload in CUP and RAR.

Regards,

Alpesh

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Molwana,

Activating the BC Set in AC5.3 is a necessary step, as it populates the default application roles, including all the necessary authorizations and transaction codes.

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thakns a lot guys.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Please check the note: 1133167 (Install / Delta Upgrade on SAP_BASIS 700)

Regards

Gangadhar