cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sales Billing date and posting date should be different.

How and where I can do this.

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member273995
Participant
0 Kudos

In an ideal scenario it should be same, but it can be different if you want post the billing document on other than creation date.

For eg

you have created a billing document on 02-Feb-2010 but you want that the document should be posted on 31-jan-2010, in this case you add your required posting date in the field of Billing Date at TCODE VF01

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for everyone, I think last solution is to have user exit to solve this.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Practically for export billing documents, the billing date and posting date will differ due to the fact that bill of lading date will be considered as posting date. For domestic sales, it should not be case.

I am not sure, for which scenario, you were asking. You can try with User Exit ZXVVFU01 where you write a logic to populate a date field which can be considered as a posting date. Apart from this, in VOFA, you should tick the box for "Posting Block" so that as and when the billing document is generated, accounting document will not be generated. Later if we release manually via VF02, that date will be considered as a posting date.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By standard billing date is posting date of accounting document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my knowledge both will be the same . if you can elaborate the query more to answer .

Regards

Damu

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

I doubt whether you can have different Billing & Posting Dates. You cannot have different Billing & Posting Dates.

Do you have a particular reason for having different Billing & Posting Dates?

Hope this helps.. .

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta