cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a class representation of the enumeration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone tell me what the flag "Generate a class representation of the enumeration" that can be found at the enumeration tab of a simple type does?

As I understand the help files (see below) a class will be generated from which I can read enumeration entries.

But there is no class with the name of the simple type if I use this flag, even not after a rebuild of the project.

Excerpt from help files:

If you choose the option Generate a class representation for the simple type for the String basis type, there will be a class generated that is available at runtime. The name of the class corresponds to the name of the simple type. The first letter is written in uppercase. An object of this class represents exactly one value of the enumeration. If objects of this class are used – for example, in interfaces - type security and subsequent use of the enumeration values can be ensured.

Any help is appreciated

Helmut

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uwe_reeder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well, there should be one residing in gen_ddic.

Have you tried to set up a context with an attribute of that type? That attribute shouldn't be of type string any more. Instead it should be of that enumeration type. Maybe you find the class this way.

Regards, Uwe

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

in gen_ddic I find only PackagePointer.java which encloses an empty class and MyEnumType.gsimpletype.

I´ve also set up a context attribute of this type and bound it to a radiobutton group. The radiobutton group works correct (shows the options defined in the enumeration type) but the class is still missing.

Regards

Helmut

finsteraarhorn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

there was only one situation known to me that the

enumeration class was not generated although the flag

'Generate a class representation... ' was switched on.

This was if an enumeration on the same screen was not

explicitly maintained.

Did you do that? Then regenerate the project and check

in folder gen_ddic in the navigator as before.

Regards,

Kerstin.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Kerstin,

I don´t know why but the class is generated know. I´ve done all the things you mentioned before.

Regards

Helmut

Answers (0)