cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether it is possible to call a BPM from another BPM? (Like a Subroutine).

On what circumstances we really need this?

Any comments, useful blogs. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

<i>An integration process can trigger another integration process to start by means of a corresponding message. In this way, you can link integration processes to form a process chain.</i>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3c/831620a4f1044dba38b370f77835cc/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, Now I am pretty clear that I can call a BPM from another BPM.

Let us say I have two interfaces. In both the interfaces I am using the BPM.

In the BPM, I have to do call a LOOKUP Table in my R/3 system using an RFC Call.

1) Since this LOOKUP process is going to be present in both the interfaces, can I develop a 3rd BPM, which is going to do the LOOKUP Table Process and this BPM can be called from the Partent BPM?

2) If my Lookup TABLE BPM is present in the Different SWC, can I achieve the above Point?

Thanks

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

It is better to have your Look up call outside the BPM to avoid performance issue..

<i>1) Since this LOOKUP process is going to be present in both the interfaces, can I develop a 3rd BPM, which is going to do the LOOKUP Table Process and this BPM can be called from the Partent BPM?</i>

>>Yes

<i>2) If my Lookup TABLE BPM is present in the Different SWC, can I achieve the above Point?</i>

>>I don't think so, it is possible.. Not tried..Just try

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna.

What does this point imply

"It is better to have your Look up call outside the BPM to avoid performance issue.. "

I am not clear.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From BPM you are trying to connect R/3.. So thru RFC call, it will hit the performance, when you are processing the huge amount of messages etc.

This lookup , you can do in the Mapping.. But if you use this mapping inside the BPM, then it may give performance problems..

And it depends on the requirement etc.. But anyway, you can try first, if it gives performance problem, then try to tune the system..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna. I understand your point. Calling a different system for Look up will definitely going to be an Overhead.

You say it could be possible to be done at Message Mapping. I partially agree and Partially disagree with you.

If it is a Static Lookup then there will not be no issue, if it is a dynamic info and this is present in the other system, definitely we have to talk to the other system and this is the trade off we have to do. Whats your suggestion on my above point?

Thanks a lot.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right.. Thats the reason, i just metioned that"depends on the requirement"..

<i>If it is a Static Lookup then there will not be no issue, if it is a dynamic info and this is present in the other system</i>

Even in mapping, you can dynamically make lookup into different systems.. again thru RFC....

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats that?

Even in mapping, you can dynamically make lookup into different systems.. again thru RFC....

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these -

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/15/xi-rfc-mapping-lookups-from-bc-to-xi

~Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

<i>>>Whether it is possible to call a BPM from another BPM? (Like a Subroutine).</i>

Yes, you can call a BPM (in your XI server) from any other BPM. Right click on the place where you want to call another integration process and from the context menu choose INSERT->Integration process. Point out the process which you wish to call

>>On what circumstances we really need this?

When the scenario becomes complex its always wise to share the integration process by calling rather than recreating it at all position.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

This is an example.

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/17/bridging-the-sync-async-bridge-with-fork-xi

Cheers,

Ricardo.