cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Management with JCo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a few questions with respect to transaction management in JCo.

1. I have read in the JCo tutorial that the same JCO.Client object should be used to call the updating

BAPI(s) and COMMIT BAPI. Does it mean that a COMMIT BAPI call ends a transaction and starts a new transaction?

2. Does it mean that all the BAPI calls made with the particular JCO.Client object between the previous COMMIT BAPI call and the current COMMIT BAPI call represent a transaction? I mean "Is the transaction carried out with respect to a JCO.Client object?" In such case, what happens if I share the JCO.client object between multiple threads?

3. Is it posssible to have an LUW that contains multiple BAPI calls such that one BAPI tries to use the data updated by the previous BAPI? I mean, The LUW calls COMMIT BAPI at the end of all the calls. In such case, the changes made by a BAPI are not available to another BAPI before the COMMIT BAPI call.

Please let me know if the questions are not clear.

Thanks and Regards,

Vijaya Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) As Of Version 4.6 C BAPIs has autocommit.ie Once you call a BAPI from anywhere before it returns it commits.So, we no need to worry about that.

But some BAPI's doesn't in that case only we need to make COMMIT call.

2)Transaction doesn't depend on Client object.

3)No.

Regards,

Abdul Raheem .S