cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a real estate project. We are using milestone billing to collect money from the customers. The u2018Item category Groupu2019 0005 (Partial Billing) is entered in the material master to get milestone billing. For example, the total amount is 10 lakhs and we want to split into 5 payments equally; we create suitable billing plan and get 2 lakh in 5 payments. Here everything is OK.

Now the client wants to get some additional money; say u2018Processing Chargesu2019. The amount to be collected is 0.27 lakhs. I made this amount as a surcharge in the pricing procedure. The condition value is either manually entered or maintained in condition records. The amount picks properly. But 0.27 lakhs is distributed to all 5 payments. We want to collect this amount in the first payment. So the first payment should appear as 2.27 lakhs and other 4 payments should appear as 2 lakhs.

Please guide in this regard.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the T.Code "VA02".

Enter your order number.

Enter.Goto Item details.Billing plan tab.

Here you are getting five items.right?

Each item is having billing value as 2 lakhs each.

For the first one you need the amount to be 2.27 lakhs.

For this change the billing value field value to 2.27 lakhs.Save.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your valuable reply.

We can change the value as you said in first item, if the Billing rule is 2 (Milestone billing as value basis). If the billing rule is 1 (Milestone billing on percentage basis), we cannot add the extra amount.

The important point is I have to enter the value along with the condition type (meant for Processing charge); then only I can post to a separate GL account. When I tried to enter the processing charge along with a separate condition type (meant for processing charge), the value were again split into 5 as per the percentage maintained.

Since I am maintaining Billing rule as 1 (percentage), I cannot include the entire processing charge amount in the first payment. If you have any alternative solution, pl let me know.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create another material with material type DEIN for Processing charges and add the same in the order. Now define one manual condition type as ZPRC for processing charges and in V/08 assign the necessary accout key to this condition type.

So, you can add this material whenever you want to charge processing fee.

Moreover, put billing block for this material and remove the same only when you want to bill it along with particular billing plan date.

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar