cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy using backup restore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want prepare backup server for my production system PRD. The main aim behind this backup server is we have to ensure the backup is safe and can be restored in case of disaster.

I have one backup server ready with diffrent SID (BPR). I have installed SAP in this backup server. The backup server and PRD both are in same domain and SAP BPRADM user is also registered in domain at the time of installation.

Now I want to restore the PRD backup and transaction log files in BPR. but I am not aware about the exact steps that I need to follow. I am following the note 193816 but It is only saying restore the backup (not detailed procedure about the restore)

I request all of you...please give me detailed procedure ( atleast important steps and thing that has to be take care ) about this activity.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Now I want to restore the PRD backup and transaction log files in BPR. but I am not aware about the exact steps that I need to follow. I am following the note 193816 but It is only saying restore the backup (not detailed procedure about the restore)

I suggest you "just" read the database documentation The SQL Server online books are usually installed along with the database software.

You can also check

--> Administration

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

The problem is resolved. I did simple restore of SQL database and then used SDM of SAP to do post process activities of database copy.

Now my backup server showing all the data till yesterday.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry I forgot to mention the system details. I am using SQL Server 2005 and Win 2003 server. Please reply me.