Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Authentication Similar to Web Dynpro JAVA

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing a Web Dynpro ABAP application on the lines of existing Web Dynpro JAVA application.

In WDJ, application is authenticated and user needs to provide his intranet id/password to login to application. (with same user-name and password he logs into portal)

Now, my first question is how do I make my WDA application authenticated? (I can see that when application is called from URL, I need to enter my R/3 user-name and password)

And once I do that, how do I make sure that user is authenticated by his intranet ID and password?

Please help.

Thanks and regards,

Amey Mogare

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> And once I do that, how do I make sure that user is authenticated by his intranet ID and password?

>

What exactly do you mean intranet ID and password? Do you want them logged in via Windows Integrated Authentication? If so you still need to pass through the portal to get that kind of authentication.

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for reply.

I want to authenticate users with SAP Portal login credentials. The login credentials which users currently use to login to portal.

Right now, existing WDJ application is authenticated. Its just that now this application would be in WDA.. How do I authenticate users in WDA?

Currently when I run my WDA application, I need to enter R/3 system's login credentials (not every user would have their id in R/3 system)

And before that I would like to know how do I make WDA application authenticated? (Like in WDJ, there's a property in application named "Authentication" that we set to true)

Thanks and regards,

Amey Mogare

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>And before that I would like to know how do I make WDA application authenticated?

Go to transaction SICF. There you will find a service node for all WDA, BSP, and Web Services in your system. At the level of each service node you can edit the authentication settings and choose the allowed authentication mechanism and the order in which they are interpreted. See this online help link for the listing of Logon Procedures supported by the AS-ABAP:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/d3/2bb3405226bc4ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

>I want to authenticate users with SAP Portal login credentials.

That isn't one of the options from the AS-ABAP directly. If you want the Portal Login credentials, then you should have the user logon via the portal and run the Web Dynpro ABAP application as an iView within the portal.

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas!

With regards,

Amey Mogare

Answers (0)