Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic lot creation on fixed frequency

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please suggest a way to do automatic lot creation for a particular material on a defined frequency. Can I use audit inspection to generate inspection lots automatically. I will be having an inspection plan assigned to this material.

Scenario is material going to unrestricted direcly without quality on it, on every 6 month, one inspection lot should get generated for this material for each vendor.

Thanks

VV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I did not got a straight fit solution

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a reason you can't use skip lot functionality?

This is SAP's solution for inspecting vendors on a regular basis.

Have you looked at the material/info record? I believe you can define the vendor's QM system in that and define an expiration date. I have to check a system, but then I think that you can set it up to create lots when the QM system is expired. I might be only a blocking on future PO's but I'd have to verify that and I can't right now. I'll try to look later.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the materials are batch managed you can generate an inspection every 6 months for materials that have inventory using 09 inspections and the deadline monitoring program. You cannot to this based on vendor. If a vendor sent you two batches, you will get two inspection lots every 6 months.

You cannot use 07, audit inspection to automatically create inspection lots. They are for manual creation only.

Craig

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can some one continue with this below thread, it will be very useful, if i get further information. I tried to revive this thread, but its inactive. requiremen over there is almost same for me too.

Thanks VV

Edited by: Vineeth Varghese on Feb 2, 2010 8:12 AM

Edited by: Vineeth Varghese on Feb 2, 2010 8:13 AM

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do SAP really got a solution for this requirement, manually fixed frequency based automatic lot generation. This is required when I am not using skip lot concept. I am using Quality Info Record functionality "inspection active if QM systems is a present". Inspection lots are not creating at all and at fixed frequency, I need inspection lot to create automatically.

Thanks

VV