cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New Purchasing Group in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create a new purchasing group for an existing purchasing organization.

What I am doing is selecting an existing Pur group and copy to create a new one.

Even though it doesn't gives any error message, the Business partner # is not getting updated for the new Pur Group.

Can any one help to resolve this issue.

But I was able to do the same in my developement system without any error.

Am I doing the correct or not ?

All updates on this subject is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

Yes you are right.

When creation of new peruchasing group by copy of existing purchasing group in PPOMA_BBP. Intially the BP no will not update in the org structre.You need to come out from org structure and enter the transaction again. You can able to find the updated details of BP for the newly created purchasing group.

Regards,

Suneel kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suneel,

I got your point.

But I have done the same thing as you have explained.

But still the BP is not get updated after copying and creating the new PG I saved and came out of that Transaction,

Logout and logon again. Then use the transaction POMADE_BBP. Still BP was is not getting updated.

That is the reason I felt I am doing something wrong.

Then I deleted that BP and create a new one without copying..It updated the BP

Here now I have 2 questions.

1.Is there any specific steps to create PG

2.Is there any impact of deleting the newly created PG in production system(since I have done it two times.)

Thanks and appreciate the response.

Pradeep

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

>

(...)

> Here now I have 2 questions.

> 1.Is there any specific steps to create PG

>(...)

No.

>

(...)

> 2.Is there any impact of deleting the newly created PG in production system(since I have done it two times.)

>(...)

No

After saving your modifications, as suggested, go out from PPOMA_BBP transaction. At this moment, BP should be created.

To be sure, with BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE transaction (report HRALXSYNC ), start synchronization process in order to create Business Partner relationships for organizational objects.

Finally, when launching again PPOMA_BBP transaction, your new organizational unit (being a purchasing group) should have its Business Partner.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent,

I have already maintained proper address details and saved and came out of system itself.

But, this process is working fine in one system and failing in other.

Any other configuration / Security role related change which I can check?

Regards

Manish Agrawal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check mail id maintained in purchase group.

as well as all address maintain correctly and save and come out.

now BP must have created

muthu