cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing to a Specific Output Bin

kevin_miller
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have been asked to setup an output queue in SAP where all output to that printer goes to a specfic (non-default) output bin on the printer. The printer is a HP 8050 multi-function printer with 5 different output bins. I have determined the PJL and PCL codes to direct the output. My problem is that the output will both be ABAP lists and SAPSCRIPT data so I do not want to start changing specific forms or printer formats. How do I modify the printer device so that all output goes to the proper bin?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kevin_miller
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I had previously tried the option in SPAD but had no luck. In my research I turned on logging with the test tool in SPAD and captured the PCL code generated. I am not seeing the code being sent from SAP which specifies the output bin destination. I looked for both the PJL code(set outbin=) and the PCL code (esc&l5G) for bin 5. I am running ECC 6. Are there any known issues with this tray option?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just set the right output attributes on SPAD -> Output device -> Output Attributes tab -> Paper tray

Regards

Juan