cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSP SapServiceNSP user need to set screen saver passsword unlock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all

I have installed the NSP trial instance all is working but our security checks on the systems required that the userid SpaServiceNSP has screen saver setup to require a password to unlock it. Even though it is not allowed local login.

checked registry and it has vaule set to 1 for all user screen savers secure but the company test show that ID does not have it setup.

Cannot login as this user as Local login is disabled.

Thanks For your time Bryan

Edited by: FC7600 on Feb 1, 2010 9:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should never login with SAPserviceNSP. It is designed to be used as a service user.

login as NSPADM instead and lock workstation with this user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric, Markus

I understand that this user should remain as non local login.

But I was asking if you can think of any other way to set the screensaver to prompt for password feature other than login and set it?

My security scans keep reporting that this is an error.

I figured that if registry is set that it would scan that one but must look at each user.

Markus

gpedit does not seem to list any way to enable this user to local login. Would you mind explaining how this is done?

Thanks Bryan

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

look for an auto-logon third party application. They are not free but might accomplish what you want.

your problem is not a SAP problem, it<s a windows Security issue.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> checked registry and it has vaule set to 1 for all user screen savers secure but the company test show that ID does not have it setup.

> Cannot login as this user as Local login is disabled.

...and what is your question? If you need to logon with this user you have to use gpedit to enable desktop login.

Markus