cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete item from delivery impossible if you have shipment doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a little bit complicated problem.

A delivery has two items, TAN and TANN. In the document flow there is a shipment.

SAP's note 39271 advises some tips, but it is not relevant in ECC 6.0. TANN item has not Storage location

and if I try to post GI error message The storage location is not defined for delivery item 000020 appears. The situation

is somehow impossible. You can't delete item from delivery, and shipping unit = handling (?) unit is not in use.

Have anyone any ideas how to complete this delivery to GI?

BR Kirsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kirsi,

I suppose that your problem is due to the configuration of the item category TANN. In its state as supplied by SAP, the indicator "Storage Location required" is set. You will thus always need a storage location in TANN line items to be able to post a goods issue. (It doesn't matter whether the delivery is assigned to a shipment or not.) If there is really no inventory management required for the material(s) concerned you could in future opt for item category TAX (Non-stock Item) instead of TANN. In the delivery in question, you have to add the storage location manually in the line item.

Best regards,

Christiane

Edited by: Christiane Schnellenbach on Feb 2, 2010 3:55 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Christiane, your answer helped me solve the problem temporarily and I can propose to the customer remedies.

BR Kirsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The OSS Note 39271 tells you exactly why you can't delete the delivery item. I am using SAP ECC 6.0 right now, and the OSS Note is still valid. Your issue is more on the WM side because the material is probably managed by WM. You can try removing the storage location on the delivery item, then perform GI. If it works, then you're home free; otherwise, you need to have someone in WM to help you with creating/assigning a storage location for the material before you can perform GI.

If you want to delete the delivery item, you need to delete the shipment first.

Hope it helps.