cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed all of the instructions in the document "How To ... Manage DC Operations with the DC Command Line Tool".

Everything seemed to work fine and I also logged on to SLA to Remove Name Reservation so I can re-use the DCs names.

The only artifact I see are folder names in the DTR in the dev and cons workspaces under the DCs folder name (in both active and inactive workspaces).. I see the whole folder structures of the original DCs. I would have expected these to be cleaned up.

Any ideas? I cannot find any reference in SAP docs about this as it relates to the usage of the dctool.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Please look for Note 855537 - Delete DTR workspace folders

This is explained in SAP Note #864515

/people/daniel.wirbser/blog/2005/07/27/how-to-delete-development-components-in-netweaver-java-development-infrastructure-jdi

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

the second note you mentioned is not related. It is about DC deletion. The customer's question was about how to get rid if the DTR workspace folders...

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

for future search:

the DC deletion works always however it is indeed a complex scenario, but the solution you are looking for is rather this:

#855537 - How to delete workspace folders in DTR -- http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/855537

Best Regards,

Ervin (http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29Home)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. I already tried to use the DTR perspective but the delete options were greyed out. It seems that if I use the DTR perspective with the DTR client of the Development Configuration that I cannot delete. What I did was create a new DTR client to view the entire DTR repository then I navigated to the folder structure of my project and then I could delete the left over folder structures of deleted DCs.

What I find strange is why the dctool does not take care of this for us. I was trying to find official work from SAP or at last an official cleanup recipe so I do not accidently create issues in the DTR.

Thanks.

Dean Cyril Wood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My suggetion is just avoid using that DC rather than deleting. Deletion of Dc s sometimes works , sometimes dont work..lot of pre requistes needed before cleaning up. so just avoid using the dc and delete it from nae reservation.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DTR has a WebDAV interface that let's you do this. You have to go from bottom to top though, making it a bit of a hassle...

You can also use the DTR perspective of NWDS (make sure to turn on the admin plugin).