cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE03 Set system change option ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the meaning for SE03? Why would I set anything to motmodifiable in DEV.

I would think Software comp and namespace should all be modifiable in my Developemnt environment.

Does anyone have some information that describes what this actually does or any pros and cons with setting options on the SW components and namespaces.

Thanks

Weyland Y.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

by the way, you can use SE06 to go directly in "System Change Option".

bglobee
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Weyland,

In DEV systems, the SW components and Namespaces should be in modifiable status. By default for software components like SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABA and other basic & critical components can be set only to 'restricted modifiability'.

As Ahamed said, the changes to respository and cross client objects are possible only when the above components & namespaces are set to modifiable. moreover, the client should be open for customization (SCC4).

Make sure that the prod and test systems doesn't have the status modifiable. The changes can be done in Dev and it can be transported to other systems.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Weyland,

By understanding the architecture of SAP like, what is a Client , Cross-Client settings and Repositories. You might have an answer, why this system change option is really needed.

refer the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/57/38de9b4eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm.

System change options settings mainly affect repositories & cross client customizing, changing the settings at these level will affect all the clients .

Thanks

Ahamed

Edited by: Ahamed Yasin on Feb 5, 2010 11:38 AM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.