cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Release of activity (Version set not found!)

former_member312910
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to release an activity from my Transport view of NWDS.

But i am getting this error Internal Error: Version set not found!

Found this log in Error Logs

>> Has anybody faced this before. Any help is appreciated.

t com.sap.cms.organizerUI.internal.PropagationPredecessorProvider$1.doInWorkerThread(PropagationPredecessorProvider.java:267)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.api.job.JdiJob$1.doInWorkerThread(JdiJob.java:75)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdiJob$3.run(InternalJdiJob.java:240)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.BusyBackgroundIndicator.showWhile(BusyBackgroundIndicator.java:74)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdiJob.internalRun(InternalJdiJob.java:214)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalDiiJob.run(InternalDiiJob.java:275)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Caused by: com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.VfsException: Internal error: factory method call with null resource

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.impl.VfsWorkspace.getPredecessors(VfsWorkspace.java:3504)

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.internal.PropagationPredecessorProvider$1.doInWorkerThread(PropagationPredecessorProvider.java:184)

... 6 more

Caused by: com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.CommunicationException: Communication error [cause: Read timed out]

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.DeltavCommand.uncheckedExecute(DeltavCommand.java:144)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.DeltavCommand.uncheckedExecute(DeltavCommand.java:167)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.DeltavCommand.execute(DeltavCommand.java:49)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.ActivityIntersectionReportImpl.fetchVersionSets(ActivityIntersectionReportImpl.java:49)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.ActivityIntersectionReportImpl.getPendingPredecessors(ActivityIntersectionReportImpl.java:127)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.impl.VfsWorkspace.getPredecessors(VfsWorkspace.java:3493)

... 7 more

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:182)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.streams.ChunkedInputStream.readLine(ChunkedInputStream.java:327)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.streams.ResponseStream.readLine(ResponseStream.java:274)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.impl.Response.initialize(Response.java:476)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.Connection.getResponse(Connection.java:2648)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.Connection.sendInternal(Connection.java:1599)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.Connection.send(Connection.java:1476)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.requests.RequestBase.perform(RequestBase.java:570)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.requests.RequestBase.perform(RequestBase.java:709)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.DeltavCommand.uncheckedExecute(DeltavCommand.java:138)

... 12 more

Thanks

Deepu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepu

To narrow down the problem we need some additional information:

+ which SP level are you using for J2EE engine, NWDI, and Developer

Studio?

+ please ensure that your NWDI is set up as described in collective

note 889038.

Are all NWDI services located on the same

machine, database inclusively? To get a better overview you might

attach the http:<server>:<port>/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo and

.../sap/monitoring/ComponentInfo pages to the message.

+ do you have a firewall between server and clients and/or are there

any virus scanners running on them?

Thanks

Kenny

former_member312910
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny

NWDI server is on SP 17

NWDS is : SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment SP05 PAT0000

I don't have the access to the other info you asked, but i have asked the people who have. I will post it as soon as i get hold of them.

Thanks

Deepu

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepu

The NWDI and NWDS should be on the same release and support package.

thanks

Kenny

former_member312910
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny

Our NWDI is on 7.0 and NWDS is Composition Environment.

we have been using this setup for last 14 months. We have never faced this issue before.

And i tried for another component i created and released an activity with out any issues.

But this particular component has 3 predecessor activities. It is giving error at the point when it calculates the predecessors before release

>And there is a Virus scanner running on Client.

Thanks

Deepu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member312910
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

We managed to fix the issue. One of the XLF files of a controller got attached to activity of another component. When we released that activity, the rest of them got released.

But still NWDS was not able to give the correct error message that it had Predecessor activity

I Appreciate all the help