Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDOC to Websphere to 3rd Party App

Carston
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey all,

In the scenario i am sending Material and Customer data to a 3rd party system. I am obliged to use the clients middleware which is websphere.

I have setup the sap side fine. We have change pointers on fields, a custom message type and the ALE setup to websphere. Another consultancy has done the websphere work. First test and the IDOCs are showing as XML files on the 3rd Party App.

My issue is with error handling.

If i send 10 idocs from SAP and the 3rd party recieves 9 i have a problem. SAP doesnt know 1 is missing, and the 3rd party doesn't know it needed 1 more.

Is there a way i can track the idocs coming out of SAP so i know that 10 were sent to websphere and that 10 were created in the target system??

How would you suggest monitoring this? i.e. if a delivery receipt was missing off the idoc how would we tell??

Any pointers on this will be great

Carston

Edited by: Carston James on Feb 1, 2010 4:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi james,

If the idocs are getting sent one by one ...it is the responsiblity of the middleware ( in this case websphere ) to make sure that the data is passed ok ...if the message goes in error in middleware it is the responsibilityof the middleware to restart that message and if it still gives any error say due to any business data related error it can inform the sender here the ECC and then ECC will resend the idoc

however the second option you create a second interface that would be a acknowledgement interface from target to ECC

here target idoc would be STATUS.SYSTAT01 this is standard ack idoc provided by SAP .. it has field like doc number where u can map the idoc number and also a field called status ...so this way say at the end of the business day ..,target can send as many STATUS idocs as the number of MATERIAL idocs it received with status error or OK

Carston
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Tarang,

Thank you for the excellent response. I will persue this with the company providing the middleware part of my interfaces.

Rgds

Carston

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rperezkuzma
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Very valuable answers. But I would like to ask another question, with some common points. We are  in the developement phase of a ECC Implementation project that has to integrate with many interfaces using WebSphere Process Server 7.0.0.5 as a middleware.

We have configured a TCP/IP connections [IWEBSPHERE @SM59] for connecting SAP to WebSphere. The interfaces that executes Inbound process (BAPI's, IDOC, etc) works fine ; but when we are sending outbound interfaces like CREMAS, ACC_DOCUMENT, etc [IDOCs] ; we are facing that some IDOCs do not arrive successfully to WebSphere.

It is importante to mention that, as we are in the developement phase, we have more than one computer (included the WebSphere server) using the IWEBSPHERE's Connection.

Any suggestions pls,

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Rodolfo