cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail-to-Mail scenario - Problem with comm. channel not reading message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

I am setting up a Mail-to-Mail scenario, where a received e-mail with an attachment is both processed into a file, as well as a monitoring e-mail needs to be send. The attachment processing is an existing process and is still working properly, but my e-mail isn't send. I am using Java mapping to create the destination e-mail based on the source e-mail. Everything is set up in the Directory as well, and through the Test Configuration feature I have tested my new addition to the existing process, I am seeing the result that I am expecting. I have sent a test message and XI picks it up just fine and processes it which is tested by both SXMB_MONI and the resulting file from the attachment.

However, the monitoring e-mail is not sent. Using the runtime workbench, there is an error in the receiver communication channel, being the following error from the Audit Log:

MP: Exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: com.sap.aii.messaging.util.XMLScanException: java.lang.NullPointerException; nested exception caused by: java.io.IOException: Parsing an empty source. Root element expected!

Looking through the Message Content, I notice there is a SOAP document describing the source message and two payloads. The first payload being the source message in XML format, the second payload is entirely empty. I suspect this empty second payload is causing the NullPointerException, but I am at a loss as to why the payload is empty. The Test Configuration showed me that the message gets through just fine, so what is going wrong?

Here is a link to the configuration of the communication channel, maybe something is wrong here: [Config of communication channel|http://roald.hoolwerf.net/images/cc-config.png]

My question is: What can I do to find what is causing the communication channel to receive an empty payload, and how can I solve this?

Searching for this issue, or the given error on both Google as these forums hasn't given any related posts, if I did miss them in that case I am sorry for posting and please refer to the related topics.

Thank you in advance for taking time to look at this question.

Kind regards,

Roald Hoolwerf

Edited by: Roald Hoolwerf on Feb 1, 2010 3:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this.

Unchecked the configure use authentication.

and use mail package (base64)