Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Preview Restiction on ME22N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Background to our security issue: Users are printing PO's through ME22N before a PO's has gone through all its Release Strategy steps.

We have found that our users are printing PO's through the Print Preview option - they then use the printing functionality on the SAP "button bar" to print out the PO's

We have found a number of cases where the PO's have not been released fully through the their assigned release levels. Printing should only be possible once the final release has been actioned.

I want to know if there is an authorisation object on ME9F that will restrict the use of the printer in the Print Preview function on ME22N.

Comments very welcome!

Rgds,

Thinus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done similar in the past (different transactions but same requirement), it was exactly the steps that Shekar has detailed you. We used enhancement points to deactivate the print function unless

1. the releases had occured

2. the user had a custom auth object that allowed the bypass.

There needed to be deactivation of the button and references to additional code so that the ability to bypass was reduced.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i dont think restricting on the object to print documents would solve your problem. In fact if you restrict on the authorization object to disable printing from ME9F and if the user wants to print a document that has the release status complete will not be able to print

I think you can achieve this with some ABAP help. check the output type used in the purchase orders, check the related program that is triggered for this output type (transaction NACT can help you). once you find the program routine, you need to add code that validates if there is a release strategy that exists for the particular purchase order type, if it exists - check the status of the purchase document, if it isreleased (check for the release ID) then print, if not released - block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done similar in the past (different transactions but same requirement), it was exactly the steps that Shekar has detailed you. We used enhancement points to deactivate the print function unless

1. the releases had occured

2. the user had a custom auth object that allowed the bypass.

There needed to be deactivation of the button and references to additional code so that the ability to bypass was reduced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Off-hand I cannot remember the details, but I have seen an option in the coding to a config (SPRO) option to print an ME order once only.

I cannot remember whether the status of the order played a role in this but know that there sevral enhancement points (symptom for optional goodies...) in this area. Perhaps you can do it if combined with a carefull selection of the transaction?

If you go via the coding option, you anyway need to be carefully of the transaction context, but in contrast to user exits, you can use an exclusion statement for the context here without affecting other cases.

Considering the "inclusion" concept of historical user-exits, I am waiting for the "showdown" of the enhancement concept and how many auditors take a look into what is enhanced but not switchable (switch-framework).

--> Trace it and find an ABAPer to take a look at the IMG options in SPRO etc. Contact tha functional person for the area, or work it out from the code and testing.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

you could be right. But, I dont see the feasibility of validating the document completion (the release status, in this case) and then trigerring the print via customizing settings.

I see no other option than to change the 'requirement" routine of the print program of the particular output type.

When we configure the output to be triggered only via a scheduled job or at a preset time (done in customizing via the timing control of the output), this ideally will not allow the user to print.

But, the problem starts , if a user has authorization to change the condition types and also has access on changing purchase orders - he would then be able to go to the document and click on "repeat output" ahead of the scheduled time and change the timing (to save and print with application own transaction), the user will be able to print it, irrespective of the release status of the PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the comments and replies. I'm going to take this up with our service providers - especially the ABAPPERS and MM Functional Consultants.

Does anybody perhaps know why SAP hasn't made this standard functionality.

Your responses and assistance is VERY much appreciated.

Rgds,

Thinus.