Did you mean: 

Excise capture at Depot-J1IG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deal All,

I am having depot sales scanrio.Steps are as follows

Client will do stock transfer from Plant to depot. Say 100 qty

I will Do MIGo at depot for 100 qty.

then i will do J1IG i.e. capture excise invoice at depot to update RG23D,but in standard J1iG will be w.r.t to MIGo no so it is updated for 100qty.

but my client want to capture only 10 qty in RG23D BUT WITH STD I CAN CAPtURE ALL 100 QTY.

because he will pass on excise only if customer ask for excise invoice.So his requirement is that he will only capture 10 qty and issue same qty in J1IJ

how to do ???

Regards

SD Consultant

Edited by: sapsdguy on Feb 1, 2010 1:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAPSDGUY,

Kindly prefer to carry out goods receipt for the quantity intended for RG23D capture, as a single material document, and the other, as a seperate material document. Enter the incoming excise invoice, with reference to the initial material document.

This may be later considered for issue to customer.

Alternately, in case of a combined receipt, a transfer posting within the same storage location, leading to a material document may be considered to form basis for incoming entry into RG23D.

Trust you find the suggestion useful.

Regards,

K Gopidas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My problem is while GR (MIGO) my client doesn't know which customer will ask excise invoice,means he doesn't know how much qty he should capture in RG23D

Is it possible if i will do MIGO for whole qty say 100 qty and will capture in RG23D ( J1IG) for partial qty say 20 .

Regards

SD Consultant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. SDGUY,

The second option (transfer posting for desired quantity) would still work, but would the possibility of ad hoc issues to customers claiming cenvat exist till the entire stock is exhausted?

I have not experimented multiple inputs using the same original excise invoice. But, it may kindly be tested.

If so, incoming entry into the RG23D Register would preferably made for the entire quantity on receipt itself.

Trust you find the reply useful.

Regards,

K Gopidas.