SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to bill services before their performing! how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all!

According to the bussines process (that we must implement in ish): patient pays (in cash to the cash desk) for the service before this service is performed to the patient.

As for the standard ish possibilities: we planed to use the field "paid" on the screen SAPLN068 0400 Incoming payments in , but to use it we must bill the case with the services in service entry (NL10N) (status active). As the services are not perfomed yet in life it is incorrect to input them in the service entry (NL10N).

On the other hand it is not possible to bill planned services.

So do you have any idea or experience how to bill the unperformed services that are payed in cash to the cash desk.

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

Olga Deyashkina

Technoserv Consulting

Edited by: Olga Deyashkina on Feb 1, 2010 12:49 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

have you considered to use the down payment functionality for that process?

Regards

Claudius

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

have you considered to use the down payment functionality for that process?

Regards

Claudius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Claudius!

I think we cant use down payment functionality for this purpose, because:

1. It is not clear for which services patient pays (as we understood in down paymen functionality the amount of down payment is assighned to the whole case without specification of the certain service);

2. down payment cant work with tha cash, it takes amount from the patient's account, and we need to reflect when he pays in cash to the hospital cash desk! (like the function "Incoming payments" allows to do that)

Regards

Olga Deyashkina

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

yes, you're right the down payment is not service related but only a case-related payment of a self-payer which can lateron deducted from the bill. In the standard you cannot specify that a particular downpayment should only be deducted from selected billing items.

Based on your answer I assume that this is an important distinction you have to make? In other words you have to avoid that the down payment is deducted from "wrong" line items (or the "wrong" bill). So this also means that you have more than one bill for the patient per case?

The other restriction ("cash payment") you mentioned, could possibly be overcome, depending on what payment methods you wanted to support for this specific payment.

If it is a real upfront service-related payment (and bill) needed I would guess that you needed to post a respective billable service before the actual medical service is rendered and documented (and then most likely set to non-billable).

Regards

Claudius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

I could not get your requirement correctly. Do you want to charge the patient without performing the service and service wont be a part of case during bill time.

Could you please describe the scenario in the process related manner.

The only thing that I could think off is collecting deposit by test bill and later post the service. (or)

Late service posting by cancelling the case however not sure how to collect money for the unperformed service entry.

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Olga

I had the same problem in all the Latin American projects. For example, in México, the service must be billed and payed before the services is rendered. I'm sorry, but using i.s.h.med, the only way to do that is by seting the service as performed, even though it's not really performed.

On the other hand, in Argentina, it's not possible to use downpayment because of legal reasons. So, in that case, we create a service called "Down Payment" and another one called "Downpayment return", both with changeable price. During admision, we enter the "Down payment" service with the amount you want to charge to the patient as downpayment and a service rule creates automaticaly the service "Downpayment Return" with the Multiplication Factor field set to "-1" (minus one).

Then you have to bill only the "Down Payment" service and keep the "Downpayment return" service to the final billing.

I hope it helps.

With best regards

Matías