cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some XML customizing not displayed correctly in graphic in PDF form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have following problem: We want to create a read-only PDF with an integrated graphic with analytical data.

The PDF form is created with SFP. Data is extracted and the graphic rendered with the class CL_IGS_CHART_ENGINE.

We used SAP chart designer and transformed the XML into our string.

The graphic is displayed in our PDF, but some customizing settings in our XML are neglected, especially the font type, her only courier is displayed. Also some manual positions of legends don't work.

When I display the chart in the SAP GUI using cl_gui_chart_engine everything works fine, so I assume that the XML and the transformation is correct.

So where is the problem: Mime type? codepage? printing job?

Thanks and Regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, how is your problem? Have you found any progress regarding the issue? Maybe you can share it with us? I wonder how to make this work, because I find that very useful. Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

just this weekend we installed the most recent kernel patch and IGS patch for our system.

And now the fonts are displayed and also the customizing for the fonts works.

So its important to install the most recent patches.

Regards

Andreas

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again, I wonder if you have solved your problem. Maybe you can share your solution and experience with us so the others can benefot from the experience? If the problem is solved, please close the thread. Thank you, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunately not. I found note 711900, but this one is only valid unitl SAP_BASIS 640 and we are on 700.

SAP support told me first to look at note 1028690 and 896400 which means we have to upgrade parts of our kernel.

So we first will do a proper kernel upgrade, then upgrade our IGS and look at the fonts installed.

Regards

Andreas

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know what type of scenario do you use. Is that WD form? Or offline form?

Based on the type, you may find your solution here:

When you need to send a picture into the offline form: and

For the WD form: /people/bhawanidutt.dabral/blog/2007/11/15/how-to133-integrate-adobe-form-on-webdynpro-for-abap-and-deploy-it-on-portal

What MIME type (picture type) has your generated picture? JPG for example is ok, but for exotic types please check in your LCD (place Image on the layout and open the dialog for picture assignment, you can see the allowed picture types in there).

Regards, Otto

p.s.: What is the mentioned XML customizing? XML is the form of the femplate, but I have never customized anything IN THERE. Did you change the XML source manually? Or what type of changes are not managed correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

its an offline form created in ABAP.

The gaphic/ chart is displayed, its just that some of the chart customizing is not retrieved in the PDF, only in the SAP GUI.

The chart itself is created by the IGS (class CL_IGS_CHART_ENGINE) , there I create a XML-datastream and XML-customizing stream. I created the customizing in XML with the Chart Designer and did a transformation in order to get the xstring.

The mime type is gif.

Especially the font type related customizing is not displayed correctly, e.g. in the SAP GUI the text of the chart is in Arial, but in the PDF its in Courier. Although the other text elements outside the chart are in Arial.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ooooh, you mean some graphics XML customizing? You cannot use such a thing in Adobe forms, I think. The only thing you can pass as a picture is a "simple" picture (like the GIF you download from the google or anywhere else). Find some fancy picture on the web, place it in your LCD on the form layout and that is everything you can get.

If you cannot get "simple picture" out of your class or some formatting doesn´t work there, it is not Adobe related. Only thing we can help you with is how to get a picture, create a binary stream based on this picture data and pass this into Adobe form, nothing more/ less.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

The chart is created and displayed dynamically, but onyl the format is not correct.

Seems to be a IGS issue.

O.K., i will post it in the ABAP-General forum.