cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validating the Period field

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I've a text input field " Period" which has a format of interval. The User date settings change so I've split this field into two Text fields From and To with Value helps with Key_EXT and assigning value @From& ':' &@To to "Period".

No I want to do validation that Start Date should be less than the End date.

Please help on how to go ahead with it.

Regards,

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

right, in the properties of the button there will be a section called DISABLED . add the formula which looks something like IF(@FROM > @TO,1,0)

this code will disable the button so the user will not be able to submit the information if the FROM is greater than TO date.

please remember that in some support packs when there NULL values in the input boxes the code will not work and will evaluate to true for NULL values. that is when the user has not entered anything into the field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One option you can use is Disable the submit button of the input form if @from is greater than @to date.

We generally follow the below steps for period input:

1. different text fields for from and two dates.

2. a button(Add) to transfer the selected period to a text field where the user can see the selected period.

3. Validation will be don on the Add button which is disabled if "from" is greater than "to" i.e. not allowing the invalid input for the period.

4. we will use the value in the text field to feed the data service to get results.

Regards,

Rk.

Edited by: Ramakrishna Gattikoppula on Feb 1, 2010 5:31 PM