cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original files (source) and DIR linkage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

In a DMS Project I am told that it was we ensured that the original files (source) did not link to the DIRu2019s in the SAP DMS development system. The reason was that the source files were the actual original documents in the SAP Repositories that are linked to the production SAP DMS system.

Can you please advise on what setting in which transaction would achieve this? - i.e. what setting was put off and where in the Development system so that the original files (source) did not link to the DIRu2019s.

Regards,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

As you have rightly said, Once the documents are loaded in to the DIR in CV01N/CV02N, System picks the source file from a certain location. But once you check in the document i.e., right click on the document and you will find the option of check in, the documents are moved to the SAP repositories. Henceforth everytime you call the document it calls from the content repository.

Bydefault all the documents will be stored in the SAP DATABASE. where to store the documents can be defined in OACO and OACT.

Automatic check in of files per status can be achieved in DC10 Transaction. Click on the relevant document type> click on define status> go to details--> Check the "CHECK IN" check box.

If you can still more elaborate your issue we can address it much more clearer.

Thanks and Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Thank you for the response.

In transaction OAC0 in both my Production and Development systems I see that the same Content Repositories are pointed to. Do I simply delete the Content Repositories in transaction OAC0 in Develpoment and this will break the link between the original files and the DIRu2019s in the SAP DMS development system which is my goal? Do I have to do anything more?

Regards,

Keith

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

based on your information I would recommend you to use individual content repositories for each system to avoid that users in both systems access the same file on the content server and so problems occur.

However I would suggest you to create a new content repository in one system as a substitute for the common used repository. After this new repository could be used for storing you can copy the original files from the former 'common' used repository to the new one. As the relocation of original files always means a very critical issue in DMS I would recommend you to get in touch also with your local consulting organisation.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for the response.

Indeed, that seems to be the way to go.

In the immediate, to prevent the problem that we are having of it being possible for people using the development system being able to delete originals and thus actually deleting production information - do I simply delete the Content Repositories in transaction OAC0 in the develpoment system and this will break the link between the original files and the DIRu2019s in the development system? and is it safe? and do I have to do anything more?

Regards,

Keith

Answers (0)