cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Error during generation - Literals that take up more than one line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have upgraded from SCM 4X to SCM 7.0. We have an issue with SNP macros. There is an issue with only some of the SNP macros and following is the error message.

"Literals that take up more than one line not permitted."

Macros are not gernereated and not saved also.

Due to this Planng book is not loaded with data and itsays the error during macro generation. I have looked in to other sources of information (like SDN, service.sap.com etc) , results are not satisfactory.

Please let me know any one come across this issue and any solution.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sreeni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreeni,

I have seen the same error when you use some funcionality of the macros that includes some text. For example, in the description field when you use a textbox to introduce data or as an output (for example in functions such as "OUTPUT_POPUP" or "CHAR_VALUES_INPUT"). In both cases, the error can arise when you use spaces in the text. If you substitute the spaces by underscores, you can get rid of the error. Other possibility is that you are really using a text string too long in this cases.

What I suggest is you go through you macros and check if you are using these kind of functions and check the description texts.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.

YM78

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YM78,

Thanks for your inputs. I have tried the same for (introducing underskores in place of spaces for description texts) one of the macro and generating it. Still that error message comes up. My questions are Do we need to do for all the Macros in a book and then generate the macros? Does not work with each Macros?

Please share your thoughts.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

I think it should work macro-by-macro. You can also check if your texts span only one line each.

Kind regards.

YM78