Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI server Restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing one issue related to sap pi server restart.My interface is

oracle(JDBC)->PI->Abap proxy(SAP)

I am sending Employee Timelog data from Oracle database to SAP R/3 system through PI.In oracle database have lot of Records since three years almost 13Laks Records.Once i start the JDBC channel,then automatically sap pi server is Hanged.Then it is not starting .Why it is happend.Can i sent 13 laks or less.I want to know some information related to PI.

1)How much data xi will sent.

2)How much data it is archving

My system have 4GB RAM.

Sap pi is sent data deponding on memory? What is the configaration required for PI(7.0).

Kindly help me out from this issue.

Thansks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I will suggest 2 ways :

1) In Sender JDBC Adapter, write a query...

select * from Table_Name where status = 'X' and rownum < 10000

2) You can split the load.

Use a stored procedure rather than a SQL statement and send in optimal amount so that the message size is around 50 MB.

Duscuss with your BASIS guys on XI sizing and XI DB space..

Before applying the above methods, make sure tht u set the following parameter in SXMB_ADM

SXMB_ADM-> Int Engine configuration-> specific configuration-> category Tuning -> parameter EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT-> set value to max..

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

How much amount of data we will transfer Using PI.Please any one knows ,give me u r inputs.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

There is no specific data size that you can pass through OK through XI as it depends on many things like your hardware ( RAM ,HDD size ) also on the number of interfaces running parallely with your interface etc.

But i would suggest you pick up say top 1000 records at one time ...say pick up top 1000 records with status N and update the status with I ( this will denote a intermediate status ) after that the proxy would be called and if succesfull the status of those records would be updated as C or complete...

For this u require a BPM

1.Recieve step to receive the records from jdbc table>>>>

2.sync send step to call the proxy and get the response back>>>>

3.transformation step which will contain mapping between the source structure of step 1 and the target structure of updating the records to staus C

4. Async send step

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can not send the huge data at one time. can you how much data ur sending at one time?

Regards

Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can not send the huge data at one time. can you how much data ur sending at one time?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gangader,

I am sending 1 Laks above records.

Thanks

Ravi

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Once i start the JDBC channel,then automatically sap pi server is Hanged.

If the data transfer is one time activity then one work around can be implemented while retrieving data using JDBC adapter In select query put some condition which will fetch only limited records (In thousands). This will reduce load on PI and message will get transferred.

Also find below link specifying bulky data handling.