cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Form is not displayed in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have created an interactive form and integrated into portal. For some of the users adobe is not getting displayed. I.e. in place of form cross icon is displayed.

They have installed following softwares in their system:

1. Adobe Reader 9.3.

2. Internet explorer 6.0 or 7.0

3. Installed mozilla browser and google chrome still it did not work.

4. Asked them to change the browser settings to Medium.

Finally, for one of the users I un-installed the adobe reader and re installed again. Still it did not work.

Please suggest me how to solve this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Phani.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check ADS Configuration

REGARDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I do not think the problem is with the ADS configuration as out of 600 people only 6 resources have this problem.

Regards,

Phani.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you read it all? That means you have checked/ changed the user broser settings for example? If you ask the people to do something and if you check if they have done that, you can get different result. I would pick up a user out of that six and check his security settings and software installed. For example: how can you be sure they have Reader 9.3 installed? You have installed all 600 manually? Or there is some auto-maintenance tool placed in your landscape?

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, check the same problem and solution posted before (how is that possible you didn´t find that yourself?:))):

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for the response.

The Active X component installation too did not solve the problem. I asked user to install Java engine. Even that did not work.

Don't know how to overcome this. Help me.

Thanks,

Phani.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adobe Reader 9.3 is definitely NOT supported. Also what is Java Engine your users installed?

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

There are users who have adobe 9.3 installed and are using the adobe form without any issues. But these are the set of people whom we are not able to do anything.

We logged into their desktops remotely and installed required softwares and upgraded to adobe 9. Still did not solve the purpose.

We downloaded java software (JavaSetup6u18-rv.exe) from java portal.

Thanks,

Phani.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you identified it's working for some and not working for some because 9.3 is not supported by SAP till date.

You can check the PAM for more information. The Reader version which SAP recommends is 8.1 but forms support till 9.0 version.

Try to convince your customer to downgrade and see it helps. Also make them aware that they are running forms solutions on non-supported Reader which is going to have issues.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please uninstall the Adobe Reader 9.3 form the PC and then reboot the system and again install Adobe Reader Version 7.

regards

Manish

former_member182468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

For ,

1. Adobe Reader 9.3

If you are using Adobe life cycle designer 7.1 and SAP NW 7.0 with a SP that is lower than SP 15 , then use Adobe reader

7.1.0 . As of SP 15 , if you use ALCD 8.0 ,it is recommended to use Adobe Reader 8.1.2 or higher .

Adobe reader version 8.1 is highly recommeded.

also check note 834573

2. Internet explorer 6.0 or 7.0

3. Installed mozilla browser and google chrome still it did not work.

4. Asked them to change the browser settings to Medium.

you can refer to following checkpoints -

a) check the following information on adobe website

[PDF pages don't appear in web browser window|http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/328/328233.html]

b) If form gives a prompt of installing an ActiveX Component Framework control when the form is loaded in browser , install that .

c) check note 989147 Settings for preview forms .

Thanks,

sahiba