cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to BPM Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting occasional problems with a custom idoc that is being passed to a BPM process.

The idoc is passed to a BPM process.

The BPM vefifies that the content is valid for purposes, and if it is then passes it on to a second receiver determination. If not, then the idoc is ignored.

The majority of the time this works perfectly.

Occasionally however, I get an error in that the first receiver determination that uses the BPM says it is successful, but the message never gets passed to the second part.

The only error showing (that I have been able to find) the Outbound Status which says 'Message has error on outbd. side'.

My suspicion is that this is due to a problem with java memory, as it only happens when the servers have been running for a number of weeks without a restart.

However, I wonder if anyone else has had similar problems an can shed any further light on this. Not least being how I can get alerts to report the error.

Thanks in adance

C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably this is due to the idoc adapter or recieving system is not able to process the idoc..probably if u set it as online mode..otherwise try setting idoc n batchmode = processing mode of partner profiles in we20 and check..!

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

'Message has error on outbd. side' means, everything at Integration Engine including BPE went alright. There is an error at receiving side, for example, the adapter couldnt work as expected or the adapter couldnt send the message or the receiver rejected the message. Plz have a look to runtime workbench / adapter monitoring, where you ll find a detailled report of last message to be processed.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

I have not been able to find anything in the Runtime Workbench.

In part this may be because the error is only occasional, and I have never managed to make it occur when testing - it only seems to happen overnight.

Everything in the message monitoring shows a successful, and by the time I get to check of a morning more messages have completed successfully so I can see no failures in the adapter.

If a use we19 to resend the idoc that failed it always gets processed correctly.

C

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

of course temporary failures are most difficult to avoid. Plz have a look to SM21. Can you find a reason for message stuck? And have a look to ST06, CPU and memory over the last 24 hours? Do you see big peaks? Plz give me short description of your scenario: Which adapter do you use? Which systems are involved? Synchronous or Asynchronous?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

thanks for your time and help on this.

I've checked SM21 and there are a couple of CPIC errors at roughly the time in question - but the detail in them does not help much.

In terms of ST06, our CPU and memory is always max'd out at that time of day. we send the vast majoitiry of our messages between midnight and 3AM.

The scenario is fairly simple.

We send a custom idoc from our R/3 system.

A receiver determination is set to receive this and pass it to a BPM.

The BPM consists of a mapping that sets a flag in the output depending on certian aspects of the content.

This output is then passed to a second receiver determination which maps it and then uses the Seeburger BIC tool and creates a flat Tradacoms format file.

As far as I can tell, the idoc is being sent successfully.

It is received and passed to the BPM.

The BPM maps is successfully.

The message never gets to the second receiver determination.

Regards

C

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

so we have some indices for temporary blackout of the outbound adapter (Seeburger or what else - i dont know it) because of too much traffic. Can you configure that message flow as "Exactly Once in Order"? That would help to avoid that break down. May be you can increase the performance of that application? Is there a configuration tool? I think thats all i could help you.

Regards,

Udo