Unable to use Content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the following scenario.

Document Area Storage Repository Storage Category

CFF ZCFF_01 ZCFFMAIN

DMS ZDMS_01 ZDMSMAIN

Now, when i am checking the files from cFolders to content server it is using the cfolders storage category and happening properly. But when i want to check in the files from DMS using KPro ( indicator checked in DC10 againt the document Type), It is not happening. it is giving me an error message as " An error occured while creating the original attribute for DOC". When i have gone inside the error message, In the application log for object "SDOK" it is showing " An error occured while calling the function module SCMS_DOC_CREATE" and in the details it is using the storage category ZCFFMAIN ( it is the storage category for cFolders). Actually it should use the storage category ZDMSMAIN ( storage category for DMS).

Can you tell me whether i have missed out anything or any customisation wrongly done ?

Is this the only thing that has to be defined or do we have to do some thing for the data carriers as well? Please elaborate your answer.

Christoph Your expert help is very much needed.

Thanks and Regards

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

as also mentiond in your support ticket I would kindly ask you to see the attached note 1173675 and check the mentioned entries in table SDOKPROP. Please made sure that all mentioned 22 DMS related entries are maintained and that there is no typing error for these entries.

Please note that for using a storage category in document management the document area 'DMS' has to be used. So please change this setting in transaction OAC0 and OACT from 'CFF' to 'DMS'.

Additionally I would kindly ask you to check if you have maybe maintained the storage category for workstation application DOC in a profile in the customizing under

Cross-Application Components

- Document Management System

- General Data

- Define profile

Because this could explain why an other storage category is choosen by the system.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

The Note worked. There are some missing entries in the table SDOKPROP. As per the note i have added the missing entries in the table and it worked.

Thanks a Lot.

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please read the below as follows

Document Area -

Storage Repository------- Storage Category

CFF----

ZCFF_01 -

ZCFFMAIN

DMS -

ZDMS_01 -

ZDMSMAIN

Sorry it is a bit confusing in the below post.

Thanks and Regards

Bhaskar