Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of sold to party after partially billed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guru

we have MTO

Customer 1 places an order for 100 qty .A sales order is created delivered and billed for 50 now Customer A says that deliver

the balnce to 2 and 3 customers

for example

customer 1 is BAJAJ HYDERABAD

customer 2 is BAJAJ PUNE

CUSTOMER 3 is BAJAJ MUMBAI

all these are created as sold to parties.

as customer 2 and 3 can also places the order

my client insists that he wants to change the sold party as 2 in the sams sales order

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customer 1 places an order for 100 qty .A sales order is created delivered and billed for 50 now Customer A says that deliver the balance to 2 and 3 customers

for example

customer 1 is BAJAJ HYDERABAD

customer 2 is BAJAJ PUNE

customer 3 is BAJAJ MUMBAI

all these are created as sold to parties.

my client insists that he wants to change the sold party as 2 in the same sales order

You can't change the sold-to-party in a sales order partially shipped.

This is standard functionality and a logical limitation to maintain coherence of the system.

I propose you 2 solutions. Choose the one you like the best!

Solution 1

You can reject all sales order items to "close" the order and create a new order for customer 2.

Solution 2

Another option would be to use all 3 customers as Ship-to Party instead of Sold-To Parties and link them to a unique Sold-To party => customer 4 BAJAJ LTD. You might also use one of the Ship-To party customer as Sold-to party (shipment to the Headquarter of the Company).

This way you could maintain a unique Sales Order, close all items partially served and extend the order with new items for Ship-To party 2 (at item level), generating another Delivery for customer 2.

The good thing with this configuration is that all "Bajaj" customers are linked through partner functions of the Sold-to party.

When you create a Sales Order for the Ship-To party, the unique Sold-to party will be filled automatically in the Sales Order header.

Best Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge you cant change sold to party once the order is delivered partly or fully. it should be completely open if you want to change sold to party. otherwise you have do PGR then delete delivery and then in VA02 change sold to party.

But there is better option,

Create qty contract for particular qty. using doc. type CQ and then create release / normal sales order for diff. sold to party as and when required.

Use partner function AA for Sold to party and AW for ship to party partner function in addition to std partner functions, if there are multiple sold to party and ship party

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar