SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary deposit scheme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a requirement of taking Voluntary deposits from customers and then adjusting the same against their consumption bills periodically. Also we have to pay interest on reducing balance basis for these deposit annually.

For these we are creating a security deposit request with a reason "VDS" and interest key by Tcode FPSEC1. Post payment

against the request by FP25 check lot.

Now at the time of invoicing we are using a customer specific function module in EVENT R431, which is fired after the invoicing is done and we get the final invoice amount. In this event we have written code for partially releasing security deposit by amount equal to invoice amt by function module "BAPI_CTRACCASHSECURITY_PARTREL".

For the first invoice everything works alright. But when we do the same process for second invoice it gives following error.

"Internal error: Lock missing for change / clear document item

Message no. >0369

Diagnosis

You tried to clear or change an open item for business partner 1000006948 and contract account 150004600 in company code 1000. This is only permitted if business partner and contract account are locked for other processing. The corresponding locks do not exist in the case in question."

What should I add in my code to avoid the above error. IF I run FP06 before second invoice then above error is not coming.

Regards

Dishant Gajjar

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dishant:

I am not clear why you are managing this process using security deposit functionality. From your description, these are in fact not deposits - but just advance payments. This exact scenario would more easily be handled with a payment on account which is then processed each month to clear off the consumption charges via account maintenance during invoicing. You could even post these advance-payments with a specific document type if you like.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Can you explain me how I can post the advance payment with different document type.

In our case we are going to receive the advance payment through Cheque and we will update it through cheque lot.

Our regular payments are also uploaded by checklot (FP25).

So is there any provision to change th document type of main sub while we post payment through check lot.

Regards

Dishant Gajjar

0 Kudos

Hello,

Agree with Bill about not using Security Deposit functionality for VDS.

There is an option of selecting the Document Type in FP25.

Regards

Hiral

0 Kudos

Hi Hiral / Bill,

I tried the process of on account payment and then calculated interest by tcode FPI1.

The interest document require main-0040 and sub-0030 transaction. But we have already assigned this internal main sub for posting credit interest manually in case of incorrect charges for delayed payment.

Can you suggest me solution for above problem.

Also we want to pay interest on reducing balance basis annually to customers. Tell me whether FPI1 can be used for calculating interest on reducing balance basis annually?

Sorry for asking so many question. But please provide me more information as I am new to FICA.

Regards

Dishant Gajjar