cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order to order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

in which scenario we will raise an order with reference to an order?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Credit memo request

Debit memo request

Returns

Rush order from Quotation etc

You can create your own copy control also, as per the requirement in VTAA.

Its better if you copying the existing combination, if your requirement is not matching then you can create CC of your own choice.

Be careful in assigning the copying requirement.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear M T,

thanks for the reply.but my doubt is when we will raise a sales order(or) with reference to another sales order.

at vtaa or-or copy control is there.i want know in which case we will use that?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your have created a u2018Sales order1u2019 for your customer. You receive another order from the same customer. The materials required by him are almost same like the previous u2018Sales order1u2019. Now you want to copy from the u2018Sales order1u2019. You can create u2018Sales order2u2019 with reference to u2018Sales order1u2019. In VA01, select u2018Create with referenceu2019 and select the Order tab; enter u2018Sales order1u2019. If you want all items, select u2018Copyu2019; if you want changes in the quantity, select u2018Item selectionu2019. You can delete and add items.

The copying control facilitates this copying function (VTAA).

If you check the document flow, the referred u2018Sales order1u2019 also will be displayed.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bharati,

Thanks for the reply.I do agree with you.If it is the situation if i am not wrong there is a possibility of maintaining Item Proposal.Other than this scenario are there any other situations where we need to raise a sales order with reference to another sales order?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There may be scenario where you can create order against contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya,

Bharti give the absolutely right example, but if you talking about the item proposal functionality then I can say this functionality is very limited.

See if you are using Item proposal then 1st you have to do the transation in VA51 then you have to assign this proposl number in the customer master.

Think in the case where your customer care taking the order online and they dont have authorization of XD02!!

Copy control from OR to OR giv you freedom to create order with refrence of any exiting order.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Credit Memo process you can create the Credit memo Request with reference to the Sales orders.

And in Returns,

You can create the Return sales order with reference to the Original sales order

There is no Hard and fast rule to do this, it is a Business process that you company follows.

Goto VTAA transaction code and find the scenarios in which you will basic idea.

regards,

santosh