cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form Calling WebService Doesnu00B4t work with Adobe Reader 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have created and adobe form that simulates a PM Notification in which the user, without logging into SAP, through an RFC and WebServices can create the notification into SAP.

This process only works with Adobe Reader 9 and not with Adobe Reader 7.

Can anyone tell me what main difference/component/functionality does Adobe Reader 9 have that Adobe Reader 7 doesn´t?

When I call the Webservice through the form in Adobe 7, a pop-up message appears that says:

"Error attempting to read from file.

http://desaecc6.codelco.cl:8001/sap/bc/rfc/sap/zi_aviso_adobe_pm12/222/zi_aviso_adobe_pm12/zi_aviso_adobe_pm12"

Any ideas why this error ocurrs only in Adobe Reader 7?

Thanks and best regards,

Fernando Montenegro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, in conclusion, we should stick to the newer version. Always check for corporate requirements though as some companies work with a license for a particular Adobe version.

Regards,

Fernando

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well not really because I have observed that Adobe Reader 8.1.1 as the only version where there are no issues.

Also if you check SAP Note for Adobe Reader version then it's clear that the minimum version for Interactive Forms is 7.0.9

Chintan

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I cannot tell what are the exact differencies between the version. But I can tell you should always use (at least try to use the newest Reader). I guess you´re not the only developer on Forms, so there are possibly more people depending on the version of the client browser/ Reader. There is a solution for this problem, which does not ask anything from you, only the user.

You can easily test the Reader version through JS coding and act based on the result. I use this like this "if your Reader is lower than 8.1" then "message popup = We are sorry, your Reader is too old, this form won´t work for you. Please upgrade first.". It takes like 5 minutes (10 for lame users at max) to update his Reader.

Maybe you should this about such a test, if the user passes the test, his application won´t have any problem, if not there is no guarantee. And YOU have no problem, nobody tells you "hey sir, your form is not working, I´m not gonna pay you".

Otto

former_member182468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando ,

If you are using Adobe life cycle designer 7.1 and SAP NW 7.0 with a SP that is lower than SP 15 , then use Adobe reader

7.1.0 .

As of SP 15 , if you use ALCD 8.0 ,it is recommended to use Adobe Reader 8.1.2 or higher .

Also check SAP note 834573 on the same.

Hope this helps .

Thanks,

sahiba