cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCatt - ABAP WebDynpro - Floorplan Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to create eCatt scripts for ABAP WebDynpro applications that contain Application Configurations using the Floorplan Manager. We are using SRM 7.0 and all user transactions are WebDynpro based. In order to regression test changes to certain development objects we want to utilize eCatt. However, the WebDynpro applications all use the Floorplan Manager concept in SRM. So, there is one basic WebDynpro Application Component (FPM_OIF_COMPONENT). There are multiple WebDynpro Applications defined (in our example, /sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif) for this one application component. Within this Application, there are multiple application configurations (in our example /SAPSRM/WDAC_I_FPM_OIF_SC_PROF).

Does anyone know if:

A. eCatt supports WebDynpro ABAP (I have seen many old posts that indicate WebDynpro ABAP is not supported but nothing recent)

B. How to create test scripts using Application components with multiple applications and multiple application configurations.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>A. eCatt supports WebDynpro ABAP (I have seen many old posts that indicate WebDynpro ABAP is not supported but nothing recent)

No it isn't supported until NetWeaver 7.02 based releases (that would be SRM 7.01 due to start Ramp-Up in June).

>B. How to create test scripts using Application components with multiple applications and multiple application configurations.

Testing is done via Web Dynpro Application. So you would need to create an application (even if just temporary for testing) for each configuration set that has the application configuration built into the application parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for your quick reply.

Testing is done via Web Dynpro Application. So you would need to create an application (even if just temporary for testing) for each configuration set that has the application configuration built into the application parameters.

A point of clarification:

Within the WebDynpro Component (FPM_OIF_COMPONENT in my example), I would need to create a new Application and then a new Application Configuration that is an exact copy of the Application configuration used in the standard SAP ? If yes, that is a significant undertaking for these new SRM applications. Since this Floorplan Manager concept seems to be the wave of the future is there any plan to allow eCatt to use the input of the Application Configuration rather than (or in addition to) the WD Application itself?

Regardless, thanks again, I have been searching for this answer for a few days now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184711
Participant
0 Kudos

I know this thread is nearly two years old, but thats why I have a new question.

Is it now possible to test fpm applications? (With their normal config)