cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZForm only opens is 'read only" mode - but WDR_TEST_ADOBE, runs fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear readers,

I am working on an Adobe form, now ZForm only opens is 'read only" mode - but when i run WDR_TEST_ADOBE, it runs fine and it is interactive and I am able to click on the buttons.

I compared the form from WDR_TEST_ADOBE, and changed the layout to ZC1, and run the Web dynpro script. After activating and running the webdynpro, I see that it is still acting strange and none of the input fields are accepting input.

There seems to be nothing wrong with the ADS or live cycle designer.

Some setting in my Webdynpro is preventing this form from being displayed correctly.

When I attach the form - "WDR_TEST_ADOBE_SIMPLE" from the WD - WDR_TEST_ADOBE, and test my WD, The form is being displayed as read only.

which again leaves to the conclusion that the something is not right in the WD.

~Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that possible you´ve created the form based on ABAP dictionary and not XML interface? If yes, then you´ve got a problem which has no solution. In that case recreate the form (copy the existing layout and paste it to the new form generated from WD designer). Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Currently the interface type is 'ABAP dictionary based interface"

I tried changing the interface type to "XML schema based interface" ; It says "you cannot change XML schema source to Generated".

When I leave the XML schema source to 'File'; it says "Specify a file name for XML schema source "File".

Do I have to specify a File source here; and what information should it include?

~thanks and appreciate any answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also in the interface properties under sfp,

when I change the interface type from

"ABAP dictionary based interface" to

"XML schema based interface".;

All the entries under Form interface->Import parameters get wiped out, and I have to enter them again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also in the interface properties under sfp,

when I change the interface type from

"ABAP dictionary based interface" to

"XML schema based interface".

All the entries under Form interface->Import parameters get wiped out, and I have to enter them again.

Also below is the system information.

Software   ComponRelease   Level  Highest SupportShort Description of Software Co
SAP_ABAP      	700   	0017	SAPKA70017	Cross-Application Component
SAP_BASIS     	700  	0017	SAPKB70017	SAP Basis Component
SAP_HR	       600   	0040	SAPKE60040	Human Resources

and I am doing development on HR box, could this be causing trouble, bcos as per below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/77/3545415ea6f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm from here goto: WebDynpro ABAP Development in Detail->Integration->Integrating Forms->Forms with ABAP Dictionary Based Interface.

As of NetWeaver 7.0 SPS10 we strongly recommend you use ZCI forms with an XML interface only. Because additional central features have been added in subsequent SPs (input help and dropdown list boxes), we generally recommend that you always use the most up-to-date Support Package for Web Dynpro ABAP.

Edited by: Neha Sharma on Feb 1, 2010 11:21 AM

Edited by: Neha Sharma on Feb 1, 2010 11:25 AM

Edited by: Neha Sharma on Feb 1, 2010 11:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Its better to create a new WebDynpro ABAP Online Adobe Interactive Form. Since if you use ABAP Dictionary based interface then you'll be getting limited access by writing some code. Also you cannot change the interface type. Create new WebDynpro Component./Intf. and create an context similar to your previous interface import/export/global data not integrate an UI element "Interactive Form" in webdynpro view layout and in properties of this ui element specify a new template source name (Not existing one). and when you press enter it asks to enter interface name, specify the new interface name and here press on context button and select the relevant context. make sure in context declaration you create one main root node with cardinality 0..1 and in these you specify your all table's or attributes values.

Also when the Adobe Form layout designer is opened from webbdynpro then don't forget to insert special script this can be done by going to webdynpro menu "Utilities->Insert WebDynpro Script". If you select this then in hierarchy palette you'll see under Variables a script object "containerfoundation_JS" is being generated automatically (Don't edit or change that code).

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

That worked, awesome, thanks pradeep; you reverse engineered it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep, after I create the interface initially,

If i update the context elements in view, how do i make sure, those changes are reflected in my xml based interface, automatically, is there some means of achieving that, or should I go ahead and edit the XML file and manually enter the changes?

former_member197870
Participant
0 Kudos

Do not agree to this suggestion.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unable to update XML interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

In future if you update any context elements in view where the UI element Interactive Form is present, then after all your changes activate the WebDynpro Component/Interface. Now goto Layout Tab of the respective view and in the properties of the UI element Interactive Form you'll find one property named "dataSource" for this click on the button present there. It will automatically ask you whether to update the Interface and it will automatically activate the interface the if yoou press ok.

Also if you are using the Context present in Component Controller in the respective view and you have changed that context in component controller then you can simply update the context by just right on the respective Node in context and click on "Update Mapping". Then all the changes were being reflected.

Do activate the Interface and Form if they are not activated after these changes.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep, when i perform those actions and update dataSource based on new context elements under the node. It doesnot ask me to update the interface. When i syntax check my webdynpro it gives a message

"Context structure doesnot match form interface". The interface is not getting updated by itself.

~thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I just tried it multiple times and it appears to have worked this time

~thank you all for your help. I shall close this thread now.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The answer is in the second thread, if that solves your problem, please close both. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also used tcode sfp_zci_update to update the form to the new ZC1 layout; dont see any changes yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you check marked Interactive property present in Properties for Interactive Form.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you are not using the existing forms that were created in SFP Transaction directly and integrating them into webdynpro. If u are doing so then the Adobe Form(s) integrated like this will be displayed in Read Only mode..Reference: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/77/3545415ea6f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm from here goto: WebDynpro ABAP Development in Detail->Integration->Integrating Forms->Forms with ABAP Dictionary Based Interface. Here you will be having only limited editing. follow the settings described in that link

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Insert the following code in the WDDOMODIFY method of the view where your Interactive UI element exists.

method WDDOMODIFYVIEW.
data: LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM type ref to CL_WD_INTERACTIVE_FORM,
LR_METHOD_HANDLER type ref to IF_WD_IACTIVE_FORM_METHOD_HNDL.
check first_time = abap_true.
LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM ?= VIEW->GET_ELEMENT(u2018INTERACTIVE_FORM_1u2019). " Name of your UI element
LR_METHOD_HANDLER ?= LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM->_METHOD_HANDLER.
LR_METHOD_HANDLER->SET_LEGACY_EDITING_ENABLED( abap_true ).
endmethod

Regards,

Runal