Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run C# appl. using .NET Connector 2.0 on machine without VS.NET

NilsO
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I developed a C# application, which is using the SAP .NET Connector 2.0 and everything works fine on my machine.

Now my colleagues would like to use that application as well. Therefore I tried to install the SAP .NET Connector 2.0 on their machines but during the installation process I get the error message "You must first install the Visual Studio.NET 7.1 integrated development environment (IDE)." How can I install the .NET Connector without a Visual Studio .NET on that machine? I don't want to develop anything on the other machines, so I don't want to install Visual Studio .NET there. I just want to run the application. Do I really need to install the whole Visual Studio .NET just to be able to run the application?? That doesn't make any sense to me. Can anybody please clarify if I got something wrong or how I can run a C# application using the SAP .NET Connector 2.0 on a machine without a Visual Studio .NET installed?

Many thanks & regards,

Nils

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To run the application you should only need to copy the following files to the users machine:

SAP.Connector.dll

SAP.Connector.Rfc.dll

They should be copied to the folder where the application is executing from. They should also have the SAPGUI installed on the machine as well or else you could probably get away with copying LIBRFC32.dll from the \Windows\System32 folder

There should be no need to install the connector seperately.

NilsO
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Very helpful answer, works fine!

Many thanks,

Nils

Answers (0)