cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table from Adaptive RFC and UI tooltips and headers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to make some model from rfc. Then i made table, where i show results from calling this function. But now i see in a header of table some column names(where are they from?) and columns has some tooltips(same question). I would like to put these tooltips to headers of columns, is it possible or i have to add them manually.

thanks

Jiri Juranek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jiri,

Short answer -- these texts are from data dictionary types of corresponding attributes in RFC model.

Long answer -- see thread

Discussion here relates to labels, but table column names & tooltips use the same mechanics.

Just wondering why tooltip are not set for column headers as well. You can use technics described in thread above to set tooltip manually from corresponding data type.

Regards,

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to find out how may I get tooltips(in Dictionary in netweaver developer studio it is in column named Description). Does sb know?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jiri,

First open DDIC type editor in NetWeaver and go to the "Representation" tab. Here you can define <i>Field label</i> (text for label UI control), <i>Column label</i> (text for column header UI control), and finally <i>Quick Info</i> -- it is a tooltip. Attribute <i>Description</i> from "Definition" tab is not applied to UI control automatically.

If you whant to get these values programatically, then you first need to get access for attribute info in your context node:

final IWDAttributeInfo attr = 
  wdContext
    .MyRfcNode()
      .getNodeInfo()
        .getAttribute("MyModelAttribute");

Next get simple type of attribute:

final ISimpleType type = attr.getSimpleType();

And now you are able to get necessary values:

final String tooltip = type.getQuickInfo();
/*
final String fldLabel = type.getFieldLabel();
final String colLabel = type.getColumnLabel();